Monday 14 April 2014

Week 14 pregnancy update

st fagans
I can't believe I'm on week 14, officially 3.5 months in!  It's been a pretty good week.  As much as I still feel tired, and I'm still retching lots, I do think that the drain of trimester 1 is starting to ease.

I'm still finding rich foods hard to eat.  We went for a meal with friends last night and I opted for a cheese & pickle sandwich on sourdough bread with a side of chips.  I didn't expect it to be toasted, which make it a whole lot richer, so I only managed half of it, the chips were super yummy though!

Yesterday was great, it was beautifully sunny in Cardiff and we took the opportunity to head out and do something nice, so we went to St Fagans Natural History Museum.  The hubby wanted to take some pics of some iron age buildings for a Uni project he was working on, sadly, they've taken them down, but we still enjoyed a lovely couple of hours together looking around the buildings.  Normally I'd be able to walk around with no problems, but since being pregnant I get tired really quickly and get a very achy back, so I had to stop regularly and have a rest.  After 2 hours there I was knackered and we came home, after getting some lunch there.  Cutely, when we got back, Matilda was keeping watch on the baby clothes we've bought (bottom right pic).

Symptoms-wise I've been ok this week, much the same as last week - tired, heartburn, nausea and still funny with rich food and most foods I like!  I am starting to cook again though, albeit slowly and most of the time if I cook it means I won't eat any of it as the process of cooking food makes me feel really sick.  I know the hubby is really appreciating my efforts though!

All in all a good week, I'm really grateful that I haven't actually been sick, and I'm not quite as tired as I was last week, although, after getting back from St Fagans I did have a little nap, in fact, Chris did too :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved