Monday 7 April 2014

Week 13 pregnancy update


Another week has gone by and as of today, I'm now officially out of trimester 1, and in trimester 2!

Symptoms
I'm looking forward to (hopefully) feeling more normal again, not being so tired, hopefully not wretching all the time when I'm taking my inhaler or brushing my teeth etc too - that hasn't been fun.

Shopping
As much as we're not actively shopping for baby stuff just yet, we are picking up little bits and bobs when we see them - we picked up some cute baby clothes in Asda that were super adorable (I'll be doing a haul video soon once we have a couple more bits).  I want to be super organised and make sure we're 100% ready for when Squidge arrives, and well before hand!

Planning
My hubby, as well as working full time, is also doing a part-time Open University degree (Engineering), he'll have most of the summer off, but he starts back again in September, the month before the baby is due, so it'll be important to have everything ready by then.  The first thing we're doing is our bedroom - we need to have a MASSIVE sort out, buy a wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 new bedside tables, we've already picked out what we want, we just need to sort everything out first, then we can turn the room around and actually start putting together the new furniture, I'm really looking forward to this - I've been waiting to sort our room since we moved in 10 years ago!

I have been keeping a keen eye on Gumtree for bargains, and I'm seeing some great deals on moses baskets & stands, there's been a couple of local ones that look in great condition and they've only been about £15, I'm just waiting to hear back from them to see if they're still available - I think it'll be good to buy these things when we see them at great prices :)

Bump pics
For those of you hoping for bump pics, I'm afraid there won't be any :(  Because I'm overweight, I won't be 'showing' for a long time yet, and trust me, you don't want to see my bump pics :)

How I'm feeling
I'm excited to be moving into the next phase of pregnancy, and counting down the days until my 20 week scan on the 27th May when we get to find out if Squidge will be a boy or a girl - I'm still convinced it'll be a boy, but secretly hoping for a girl - but ultimately, as long as they're healthy that's the most important, because I'm high risk it's something that's always on my mind.

Have a great week :)
Georgina



Follow my blog with Bloglovin



7 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your updates :) xxx


    http://www.hayleyslittlethings.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-end-is-in-sight-5-weeks-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I was pregnant I was a bit overweight and my fat tummy just turned into my bump :) it doesn't matter what size you are, you'll still be a beautiful pregnant lady x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope mine does too, but I'm not just a little overweight, I'm very overweight! We'll have to wait and see :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a size 18/20 and got a bump at 25 weeks - still did bump photos with a top on, and if anything a bump makes you look slimmer, and people just assume it's baby weight! I really struggled with maternity clothes though, found New Look were the best! Keep an eye out for baby events in Tesco and Asda, I got most of Jack's stuff from there they were brilliant x

    flossysparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips :) Yeah, I've been into New Look at their plus size collection, got a couple of tops, but their maternity stuff doesn't go up to my size unfortunately, think it'll have to be online shopping for maternity stuff :) I've heard about these events, not sure what they are yet but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled! So far I've bought clothes from Asda, Primark and Sainsburys - Asda were by far the best quality and had the best range of neutral stuff :)

      Delete
  4. I'm loving your updates :) Is it weird that I'm super excited to find out what you're having? x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved