Monday 28 April 2014

16 week pregnancy update

My week in photos
1.  Coming back from the bank holiday weekend and birthday break to discover I had 17 Nicholas Cage pictures stuck to my desk.  2. An ASOS fortune cookie.  3. Trying 'Yes to Cucumbers' face wipes and it bringing me out in eczema, which I still have.  4.  My Aldi haul of baby stuff - we put the bouncer together to make sure it wasn't broken.  5.  My ASOS insider package, whoop.  6.  My to-do list for Saturday for my beauty blog.  7.  Sorting our paperwork out in the spare room on Friday night (rock and roll!) - we filled 3 carrier bags with shredder paper! 

It's officially week 16, a big week for me.  Tomorrow (Tues) I'm having my bloods done to test for the genetic problems, keeping everything crossed that they come back ok.  My sister-in-law had this come back as high risk with her babies (for downs) but because she has a thyroid disorder (Graves disease) it had corrupted the result, so I'm a little concerned this might happen with me, since I have the underactive thyroid.  Well, no point me stressing over it, whatever will happen will happen.

On Thursday I also have my 16 week midwife appointment at the local Drs, not expecting much here, but in all honesty, I have no idea what to expect :P

MY WEEK
The last week has gone surprisingly well.  I've been busy trying to blog everyday over on my beauty blog - something I did for 18 months and stopped this xmas, but I've been slowing building myself back up to it again, it helps to keep me motivated that I have a lot of things to review so I really need to blog more frequently :)

SYMPTOMS
I had a terrible day of nausea on Tuesday where I constantly felt like I was about to throw up, but I was ok in the end :)  The tiredness seems to be subsiding, for the last 4-5 days I've been feeling more normal, I just hope that it stays that way now. I'm beginning to be able to eat more normally too, as much as I can't eat pre-pregnancy quantities (which is a good thing), I'm finding that I'm eating jacket potatoes for dinner less and less.

WEIGHT
Well, I weighed myself at a different time of day to last week, last week was about 4pm and this week it was about 8pm (so after dinner).  Surprisingly I'm up 5lbs!!!  The amount I'm eating hasn't changed much, so this must be the baby :)  I read that by this point I should have gained 5lbs on my starting weight, and so far I've only gained 3lbs, so that's not bad :)  It's strange talking so openly about a gain in weight, and it not being a bad thing :)

DIET
It's been much the same - eating plenty of fruit and salad (and jacket potatoes!).  Starting to eat more normal food again though.  I really fancied pizza on Sat night, so we went to Asda for a make-your-own pizza and when we got to the counter I asked the guy if their cheese that they use is vegetarian, he replied with this astonishing comment "Nothing here is because of cross-contamination" - WHAT? There should be NO cross-contamination! The vegetables were kept separate to the meat with a acrylic guard in the way... he handed me their nutritional info on the cheese they use and nope, not suitable for veggies.  So we bought one of their chilled pizzas which are - a stuffed crust with a dip, yummy!

BUMP
Still not showing, but I'm sure that when I'm lying down, my tummy just down from my belly button is getting firmer.  I'm sure that on Saturday I felt my first movement too - not a kick, but like the baby was stretching his/her legs and arms pushing my belly outwards.  Maybe it wasn't that, but that's what it felt like :)

NEXT SCAN
27th May - to find out if we're team blue or team pink :)

BABY STUFF
We bought LOTS of baby stuff this week!  As Aldi were having a baby event on their usual Thursday sale, we went and bought:

  • *  Hauck baby bouncer (lovely quality and only £14.99)
  • *  Set of plastic storage - this will be for nappies
  • *  Set of 3 muslin cloths (yellow)
  • *  A set of socks for newborns
  • *  Tommee tippee microwave steriliser
  • *  2 sets of 6 tommee tippee bottles (slow release) 
  • *  Tommee tippee sippy cup (for age 0 up)
  • *  Tommee tippee food pots
  • *  2 baby blankets (one green and one yellow)

All in all a great haul I think you'll agree!  It came to a grand total of about £65 (we bought a couple of food items too, so the grand total was £69).

Thanks for reading :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Gutted I missed the Aldi weekend - you're so super organised getting all of that stuff so early but sounds like it was a cracking deal down there! We still haven't bought any bottles/sterilisers - gonna see if I can breastfeed first then work out what we need - either way I expect he will need to go to mothercare every other day for the first few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these updates :) How exciting almost time to find out boy or girl! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved