Sunday 6 April 2014

Mothercare wishlist #1

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |

Virtual online shopping is one of my favourite past-times, whether it's looking at houses I'd love to live in, or filling a virtual shopping basket with goodies and not buying them.  Well, now I have a great excuse to do some actual shopping - but before actually spending our money, I'm having a really good look around at the kind of things I want to buy for little Squidge.

Even though we'll be finding out if they're a boy or a girl, I still want to keep the room pretty neutral, it certainly won't be blue or pink, more likely yellows, beiges with splashes of colour.  Lots of people have said to me not to worry what the room look like or what we have, as the baby won't care, but I will care, and I'll be spending a lot of time in there breastfeeding, changing the baby etc, so I want it to be a nice place to spend time in.

It's a really small room, a box room really, so we need to be really smart with our use of the space, I'm not looking at furniture just yet, it's just the small things, the bigger stuff can wait until later :)

I'm really bad at dealing with poo - and this is something I'm going to HAVE to get used to and live with.  But I'm also all for making my life easier, which is why I've included a nappy disposal bin on my wishlist - you plop the nappy in, and the bin wraps it up in a bag creating a sausage-like train of wrapped nappies - then you just empty these away, and it keeps the horrid smells out.

I love the idea of a musical mobile for over the cot, and this one is super cute, I love the little happy animals that look like they're flying, this will be a definite purchase for me :D

The baby grows and clothing were just a few pieces I found that were under the 'unisex' banner and that I thought were gorgeous - I mean, slippers for a baby, how cute!  Love the lamp baby grows too, I'm obsessed with lambs (this is my favourite time of year because of that!), and what baby would be complete without a hungry caterpillar baby grow :)

Finally I picked a couple of lights that I thought were gorgeous.  I'm NOT a fan of 'big lights' - i.e. ceiling lights, they're always too bright, or not quite bright enough, I much prefer soft lighting from lamps, so Squidge's room will be equipped with a nice lamp, and a soft night light (like the elephant ceramic light).

I hope you've liked this wishlist, I'll be publishing plenty more over the coming weeks/months on all aspects of setting up the baby's room, like nursery inspiration posts, baby clothing, baby furniture, decor/flooring etc :)

Thanks for reading, catch you tomorrow :)
Georgina



Follow my blog with Bloglovin


7 comments:

  1. Lovely post. So exciting. Preparing for your first child is just the most precious journey. I wish I'd been blogging when going through this. It's completely different the next time around. Lovely items. I love sleepsuits. You'll be fine with the Poo thing! Baby will ease you in with funny meconium poos at first (use lots of ultrabalm or similar on the bum and it will be really easy to clean up.) If you can feed baby then the poos are just mustard like and don't smell bad. It's the toddler poo just before they are fully potty trained that is the worst! But you'll be a poo pro by then! Haha! So sorry for writing a poo comment on your first post! Congratulations again! love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I love how much you said poo in that comment :P Yeah - I plan to breastfeed, I mean, I'm going to HAVE to deal with it whether I like it or not. I can imagine the experience is so different 2nd time around, still wonderful, but not magical like the first :) I'm really pleased I set up this 2nd blog to be able to share the journey with everyone, plus, it gives me a record of it for the future too :)

      Delete
  2. I was awful with dirty nappies before I had Jack, but something kind of takes over when it's your own baby! Boys are the worst, it's like a hosepipe as soon as the nappy comes off!! The nappy disposal bin is definitely the way to go, I recommend the Tommee Tippee Sangenic for sure! I've got some mummy posts on my blog too if you fancy a peek :)

    flossysparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can imagine when the time comes I'll just get on with it :) Yeah he Tommee Tippee Sangenic looks amazing, how strange to get excited over a nappy bin, lol! Checking out your posts now :)

      Delete
  3. The elephant lamp is gorgeous, would have loved something like that when mine were tiny. maybe 2 isn't too old to have one ;) look fwd to following your pregnancy journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute isn't it! They had a really cute bunny one and a hedgehog one too, it was nearly the hedgehog one that made the cut! Thanks Joanna, I can't wait to share it with you :)

      Delete
  4. That nappy disposal bin has been my little lifeline for my little boo, keeps stinks at bay :) xx
    Rosy
    www.sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved