Monday 21 April 2014

Week 15 pregnancy update

15 weeks pregnant, my week
L-R top-bottom - Ramen, Brecon Beacons, Hay-on-Wye bookshop, the love of my life (hubby), a random shop in Hay-on-Wye which made me laugh, Ticket to Ride, vanilla chai latte

It's official, I'm now 15 weeks pregnant!  Each week seems to go so quickly and thankfully, without much drama.

MY WEEK
It's been a good week!  I've grown a year older as of Thursday last week.  We drove to Hay-on-Wye and back, and had a good walk around the town.  When we got back, we played 'Ticket to Ride' which was one of my birthday presents from the hubby (we're super into board games!) and I made us home-made vanilla chai lattes, after that, we headed to a Japanese restaurant in Cardiff that we hadn't been to before called Tankaichi - I had green tea, vegetable raman, we shared some cucumber maki and Chris had a teryaki chicken bento box - all very delicious and only cost us £23, bargain!

SYMPTOMS
The tiredness still hasn't subsided and in fact, I'm napping more.  On day's I'm not working (so Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun just been) I'm napping around 3pm because I literally can't keep my eyes open, I sleep for about half an hour on the sofa, then I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed for the rest of the day.  The nausea is still the same, still have achy boobs and in fact, I was sitting in a meeting last week and the underwire in my bra snapped!!!  Luckily it was very late in the day just before I finished work, I was able to rush out to Evans and pick up a new bra, but by that time the underwire was starting to stab me :(  Not what you expect from a bra that's only 6 months old!

WEIGHT
Surprisingly, up until last week, my weight had remained exactly the same, this is thanks to a much smaller appetite and the fact most food makes me feel sick.  Well, I weighed myself yesterday and I was 3lb's lighter!  So I'm properly losing weight - given that I'm very overweight this isn't a bad thing.

DIET
I'm eating fairly healthily, porridge for breakfast, something random for lunch like a jacket potato or some sushi and a pretzel with fruit and dinner is typically 2 baked potatoes with a little butter.  Trying to eat plenty of fruit and drink lots of water too.

BUMP
Still not showing (due to being very plus-size), but when I'm lying down I can feel that my lower tummy is much firmer than it was, under the squidgyness that is :)  Hopefully it'll get firmer and firmer as time goes on, and eventually I'll get a proper pregnant belly :)

NEXT SCAN
27th May - this is when we find out if we're having a boy or a girl.  I'm still convinced we're having a boy, but we'll only know on the 27th :)  We'd be perfectly happy with either, ideally we want to have one of each, so as long as they're healthy, that's all that matters.  Next week when I'm 16 weeks, I'll be having my community midwife appointment, and my fasting bloods done, something I'm trying not to think about.

BABY STUFF
We've held back on buying anymore baby stuff for a while.  I want to get the 20 week scan out of the way, once we've had that, and the bloods back and we know squidge is healthy and whether it's a boy or girl, then we can go nuts and buy all the stuff we like, but until then, I'd rather hold off.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Binky Linky

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, sounds like you had a lovely day, enjoy as much napping as you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna - yeah it was a lovely day :) Yeah, I know napping and sleeping will be a thing of the past when Squidge arrives!

      Delete
  2. Exiting times....I waited until the 20 week scans with my girls to start buying stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we've bought a few things like babygrows and socks, things like that, but the bulk of it I'd prefer to save until my 20 week scan :)

      Delete
  3. Happy B'day. I live on naps since pregnancy, you will soon have your feetup buying everything! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) The naps seem to have eased off, I think the tiredness is finally leaving - for this trimester at least :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely birthday. I bought a few bits and bobs before our 20 week scan, but not much. I'm glad your pregnancy is going well, apparently ginger biscuits are good for nausea! Thanks for linking up #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I crave for Ramen =)

    Nice post. Chronicling your pregnancy is so nice and I wished I had done this! So nice to look back when you need to of your life before a little one =) #binkylinky

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved