Monday 26 January 2015

4 month baby & mummy update

It's hard to believe 4 whole months have passed since little Squidge entered our lives, it's hard to remember what life was like before he was a part of it.  It feels like he's doing something new every day at the moment.  There was a point about a week or so ago where he seemed to all of a sudden be doing so much more, amazing to see.

CLOTHES
Squidge all dressed up

He's fully in age 3-6 months now and has been for about a week - trouser legs are still a bit long, and tops are a big baggy, but 0-3 months are just too small - he's also progressed to the next size of socks (0-6 months) - as much as he has big feet and long legs, I have to remember that he's a really small baby, still in the 5th percentile.  I've also discovered how much I love Zara baby clothes - I love how they're different from what you can pick up everywhere else, and such great quality.  I bought some navy blue corduroys the other day, they're so incredibly soft!

TEETHING
Teething baby

Yep, he's teething, and it's been horrific.  I won't go into it too much as I blogged about it here, but basically he's been chewing his fists, drooling lots, very grouchy and grizzly, and has very rough patches on his gums.  We've found that Dentinox has really helped, and Ashton & Parsons teething powder.  I've also realised I need to get some baby feeding spoons as the only spoon I could give him the powder on was a normal teaspoon, not ideal as it can't be steralised.

SLEEP
sleeping baby

He's still sleeping well, he goes down about 8:30/9:00pm and sleeps through until about 8am - although he does grizzle a bit from about 6am - but it's usually when his dummy has popped out, so I just pop it back in and he goes back to sleep.  The last couple of nights, since the teething, he's been waking about 2:30am and grizzling, but again, just popping his dummy back in makes him go back to sleep.  After chatting to other mummies at the mummy club I go to I realised just how lucky I am that he is sleeping through the night already :)

FEEDING
Feeding time

His feeds have been going really well.  He's feeding every 3 hours (so, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm & 8pm) and has about 5-6oz per feed in about 10-20 mins.  I tend to feed him on about a 45 degree angle (used to feed him sat very upright) as I find it's easier to burp him afterwards if I feed him that way.  I love how we have this routine now, it's so much easier for me and him knowing where we are

PROGRESS
Happy baby sitting up

Apart from smiling all the time (making my heart melt) he's also reaching and grasping at toys, he even held a rattle the other day and waved it around :) He's developed a love for his giraffe comforter, he loves how soft it is and how chewable it is :)  He's rolled over onto his side a couple of times when he's on something squishy, still early days though.  He loves sitting up, it's his favourite, although he can't do it unaided, he still loves being upright.  He's cooing like crazy, chatting away and making some very explosive sounds, some of which are very high pitched!  All in all he seems to be coming along great :)

26 comments:

  1. Awww he's adorable!! Love his dickie bow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that little dicky bow floored me with utter cuteness! What a dapper and handsome little dude! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his little waistcoat and bow tie - what a dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks - I couldn't resist :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe - yeah that's what I was like all day he was wearing it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's gorgeous! It's great that he is sleeping so well. It's lovely listening to them babble, those are the sorts of moments you cherish forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe he is already 4 months! So gorgeous :) Must see you this year for a major catch up xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw he's a cutie!! Lucky you that he sleeps through xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww he is doing so well and such a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww such a cutie! And I adore that first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks :D Yeah, we realise just how lucky we are that he's sleeping at night :) Yeah, the baby babble is just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know, it's gone SO quickly! Yes, would love to meet up with you!!! I'll have to try and work in a trip to London (perhaps when he's weaned!) - not sure where you're based so not sure where's easiest for you to get to :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, we're super lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks :D Yeah he's doing great - not looking forward to his 3rd set of jabs tomorrow though :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks :) Yeah it's adorable isn't it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just outside London so London would be perfect :) Can't wait to hear all about Squidge!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Which side? I'm in Cardiff, so easier for me to get to Reading, unless that's harder for you x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting! Hubbys family are from Stevenage - I'm hoping to travel down there so Squidge can meet his great grandad, that might work better :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. He's growing up so fast. Love these updates. I can't imagine how painful it must be for them when they are teething. Poor little thing. At least he's getting lots of good nights sleep still. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know, it's hard to keep up! Yeah, I don't cope well with toothache, I can't imagine how painful it must be with them pushing through the gums :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I swear by teething powders (I use Boots own), been a life saver but does make me giggle they get it all round their mouths. He's growing so quick (and so handsome, love the bow!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. We've tried the Ashton & Parsons one and we have some Nelsons - I don't know how much I've seen them work, it's so hard to tell as there's quite a lot making him upset at the moment (development leap, jabs etc) - I'll bear the Boots one in mind though :) Yeah he gets it all over the place, very cute :) Yeah it's crazy how quickly he's growing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved