Saturday 1 November 2014

Tommee Tippee electric bottle & food warmer

Tommee Tippee electric bottle & food warmer

There are lots of different machines and contraptions that will help when you have a newborn.  So when I was pregnant with Squidge, I did my research to see which gizmo's and gadgets we'd need. All the way through my pregnancy I intended on breastfeeding, so I ruled out the Perfect Prep Machine as that's more for powder formula.  But I did always intend on expressing so that the hubby would be able to feed Squidge from time to time, hence the Tommee Tippee bottle warmer.

It works like a bain-marie - you put some water in there, plug it in, turn it up to 3, put your bottle of formula or breast milk in there and wait a few minutes for body temperature goodness.

I managed to pick it up at a really good price via a Google Ad from John Lewis, instead of it being around £23, I bought it for £17.24 (plus £3 p&p).

For us it's been a godsend, when you're doing night-time feeds and need to warm up a bottle of either breast milk or pre-made formula, it saves so much time and faffing with other options, and didn't cost much money.

The pros

  • It's quick to warm up
  • Small in size
  • Affordable

The cons

  • There's no on/off switch - so you have to plug and un-plug it each time

I've been really impressed with the Tommee Tippee brand, we've really bought into it, buying their bottles, sterilizer, baby monitor (review in a few months once we've had a chance to use it), sangenic bin etc and everything has been a good quality, and for the most part, affordable prices too.

Have you used the bottle warmer, and did you find it useful?

Georgina <3
Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

4 comments:

  1. On the front it has a dial and the left position is a nought, could that be the "off switch"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this will have see how i get on once little one is here I managed to get mine 2nd hand from a friend along with a steriliser for £6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that's what is supposed to be the off switch - the instructions say that when you're done, turn the dial to 0 and unplug :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's a good deal! It really is great, especially if you're warming pre-made formula or breast milk :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved