Monday 30 June 2014

25 week pregnancy update

My 25 week pregnancy update
Pic of me: Yep, boobs have gotten massive and bump is getting bigger!  Bunny booties - my lovely mother in law made these after I posted a pic of some cute ones I found on Etsy, these are unbelievably cute!!! My foot - started getting a faint (and sometimes non-faint) red stripe across both my feet, no idea why.  Rain - this is when we were off to a BBQ on Saturday, we had a massive thunderstorm not long before we needed to leave.


MY WEEK
I've had a pretty good week this week.  Felt the baby kicking lots which is always lovely, and seen my belly moving quite a bit.  I even took a little video which I posted on Instagram of the baby kicking - you have to look on the very far right to see it, it was the first one I managed to capture on vid :)

The highlight of my week definitely has to be my 24 week midwife appointment.  After she measured my bump, she got a doppler out and listened to the baby's heartbeat - first time we've heard it.  Such a magical moment, to hear the little heart beating away (around 130 bpm) and very strong, I couldn't stop grinning.

SYMPTOMS
Same as previous weeks, although the heartburn is subsiding.  I only had one day last week where I had heartburn all day, other than that it's easing off.  Still get an achy back, tiredness and nausea though.

I've had a couple of dizzy moments this week, usually after taking a deep breath, then feeling really dizzy like the room is spinning.  The first time it happened I was at work and sitting down, I grabbed onto the arms of the chair as I felt like I was going to fall over, and after about 30 secs it passed.  I went and grabbed a full fat sprite for the sugar (I'd been craving sweets that afternoon) and felt fine after.  Then on Saturday we were getting ready to head to a BBQ, I hadn't eaten in about 4 hours (I had breakfast at 11am, this was about 3:30pm - skipped lunch as wasn't hungry) and I took a deep breath, got all dizzy and had to sit down for a couple of mins, and then I was fine again.  I think it might be when I'm hungry or in need of sugar.  I had some Starburst just after this and felt fine :)

WEIGHT & DIET
My weight is down another 2lbs, so I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight again!  I do wonder how much weight I've actually lost, since I haven't put any on with this pregnancy.  I'm thinking it could be around 1 stone, I've even had people (who haven't seen me in a while) saying my face looks thinner, I can definitely see that too.  Well, I'm eating healthily so it's just a happy bonus.  Since the hubby has taken over cooking I'm eating much better.  Only once in the last week did I have a jacket potato for dinner.  We've had a couple of evenings of pasta and a couple of veg with mashed potato and a little quorn.  I still can't eat like I used to, which is a good thing, I definitely get fuller a lot quicker too. Hopefully my stomach has shrunk and when the baby is born my appetite will remain as it is now :)

BUMP
Definitely getting more noticeable.  It'll always be more difficult to tell as I'm so overweight, but I'm getting people coming up to me and saying 'You're showing!' which is nice :)  I've also had to retire my maternity jeans, they don't fit me anymore and the only shops that sell proper plus-size maternity wear (Simple Be and Bon Prix) are sold out of nearly all sizes #awesome.  What this means?  I'm living in maxi dresses.  That's fine for the hot days, not so great on days it's raining.  I only have 3 maxi dresses too, so these next few months will be challenging!

NEXT APPOINTMENT
The week after next, when I'm 26 weeks.  I have to have a repeat GTT (Glucose tolerance test), wasn't told the results of the first one, but hopefully this one will show that I'm ok.  Then, at 28 weeks I have a consultant appointment and a scan, very excited about that as we get to see Squidge again :D

BABY STUFF
Haven't bought anything new this week, although we will be picking out the moses basket soon, I think I know which one I want (one of Lollipop lane's new super soft ones) but I want to have a good look around just to make sure :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Lovely bunny slippers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I LOVE the slippers!!! I definitely need some xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those slippers are the cutest things ever! Glad to hear it's all going well :) Alice xx
    www.aliceinalookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :D Yeah those booties are SUPER cute! Can't wait to see them in real life!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved