Saturday 29 November 2014

Sleep woes

Fast asleep until you put him in his
moses basket, then wide awake!
This past week has been the hardest one yet, not just in terms of sleep, but emotionally too.

Squidge has somehow got into a horrible routine, he'll wake up about 9pm/10pm for a feed (after this feed used to be when we'd go to bed) and then be wide awake until 2-3am. As I'm writing this we're having a record breaking bad night, its 3:30am and he's still awake.

I'm fairly confident I'm going to be up all night, see he's hungry but every time the bottle is in his mouth, he throws his head back forth, left a d right while kicking his legs hard, throwing the teet of his mouth. The milk isn't too warm, its room the!perature, but because he's only had 50ml, hell be awake on and off as he's grazing as he won't take a proper feed. Why don't I get such issues in the day?

This week, I've managed to get by every day on 3ish hours sleep, but its gotten to the point that I'm making loads of silly mistakes. Like the other night when hubby was out, I loaded the dishwasher, pulled out the drawer under the sink to get a dishwasher tab, and instead of doing that, I picked up the black sacks, unravled one and tore it off, and went to place it in the dishwasher... And when in the supermarket the other day I nearly left my debit card in the card reader...

The hubby isn't much better, he's getting a tiny bit more sleep than me each night, maybe an hour at most, and he has to work each day (not that raising a baby and writing 2 blogs isn't!). He had a silly moment the other night too, he was doing the food shop while Squidge and I were at home, and while he had a trolley full of food and was stopped browsing, he caught himself rocking the trolley full of food back and forth, lol.

Sleep deprivation is very tough, I find myself crying with the stress of it all, its hard to think rationally on 3hrs sleep. I'm findind it hard to get time to express too, and as a result my milk supplies have nearly disappeared - it takes me a good 2+ days to get enough milk for one feed for him now. I don't want it to stop, but finding time when he's not awake and grizzly is hard.

Any tips for dealing with this would be most welcome :)


1 comment:

  1. Those first few months are so hard I remember them well.....It does get easier! Hang on in there....Sending love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved