Thursday 6 November 2014

Newborn photography

For a long time (while pregnant) we ummed and arred about whether to have a newborn photography session done.  Generally, we're not the kind of people who would buy a session with a photographer, but with Squidge being our pride and joy, a blogger/photographer friend of mine offering me a great deal and seeing their previous lovely photoshoots, we were sold.

We booked Cross-Jones photography about 2-3 months before I was due.  After he was born, I think it was when he was 5 days old (born on the Monday, shoot was on the Saturday) they came to our house with all their equipment and set up shop.

Squidge was great and pretty much slept through the whole thing, other than stopping for a little food break, which isn't bad as the session took about 3 hours all together.  They were great with him and helped him settle when the session kicked off as he was a bit grizzly to begin with - clearly all their experience with newborns is paying off!

About 2 weeks later (they went on holiday the day after the shoot) all the photo's were edited and sent to me on a CD, as well as adding them to a private gallery on their site so that any family and friends that want to buy prints through them could do so.  Family and friends also have the option of getting copies of the images from me and then they can get them printed wherever they like.  So, without further ado, here's some of my favs from the fantastic collection of over 100 photos.

Squidge sleeping in a blue blanket

Squidge sleepy in a basket

Squidge closeup sleeping
Squidge in a basket

Squidges foot

Squidge with ultrasound picture

Things to consider:

  • Photographers book up well in advance, so if you want it done, try to book it about 2-3 months before your due date - if you end up having your baby early or late, be sure to keep them posted
  • Book it in for your baby's first 10 days of life, after that they start changing and look less 'newborn', so the earlier the better
  • Check the photographers gallery to make sure you like their style of photography and props
  • Unless you have endless bags of money, you'll probably need to pick a photographer that is relatively local to you, something to bear in mind

They're my tips, I hope you like some of the pictures we had taken, I'm in love with them!  All I need to do now is get some of them printed and put them into frames, something I'm determined to do!

Georgina <3
Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

6 comments:

  1. I love them! They are all adorable. Why did I never do this? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are just stunning, im not even sure I could pick a favourite out of those few never mind over 100 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :D Yeah, it's not easy as they're all great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're gorgeous aren't they :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved