Wednesday 25 June 2014

Big realisations


Today has been one of those days where everything dawns on me.  And I must admit, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, not in a scary way, but in a oh s**t this is really happening way.

LESS THAN 16 WEEKS TO GO
While that might sound like ages to some of you, to me, that's no time at all.  Factor in that the hubby will be starting back on his uni work before the baby is due, we'll lose a couple of weekends there, and we're hoping to go for a short weekend break in the UK, and a couple of weekends we'll be visiting family in Pembs, that basically leaves us with close to 10 weeks to get everything done.  IN 16 weeks, whether we like it or not (we do like it), we're going to be parents, and while we're both really excited and looking forward to the new chapter of our lives and all the wonderful memories we'll be creating, we're also both very aware of the short amount of time we have to prepare, and the financial turmoil we'll find ourselves in.

To put it in perspective, in the 10(ish) free weekends we have, we need to:

  • Finish sorting through everything we have in the bedroom
  • Trip to IKEA to buy new bedroom furniture (we don't own a wardrobe currently, long story, maybe I'll blog about it)
  • Construct said-furniture and turn the room around, as well as paint it and make it nice, ready for the moses basket which we have yet to buy
  • Sort through everything in our spare room (currently the computer room), this is no small task
  • Move some of that furniture down to the lounge (computer desk, shelves, books etc)
  • Pick out carpet and paint for the nursery (what is currently the computer room) and get that done
  • Get all the furniture sorted for the nursery and in place (I'm really looking forward to getting that done)
  • Finish the kitchen - this is a task that hubby started nearly 5 years ago, got it to a stage of being usable and nearly complete and stopped.  So we need kickboard, gel sealant and a few other bits done, nothing major
That's quite a lot to achieve in 10 weekends...

MATERNITY CLOTHES

As a plus size mum-to-be, I knew finding maternity clothes would be difficult, but I had no idea it would be this challenging.  There's two basic sites I've been using, Bon Prix and Simply Be/Fashion World (same site).  I bought some nice maternity jeans from Bon Prix, they fitted for about a month, and now they're almost painful to wear on my bump, so they've been ditched.  I own one maxi dress and currently that's the only thing that fits me.

We looked in New Look for maxi dresses, but they were all FAR too long, I'd have tripped over them. Then we went to Sainsburys, one was a horrible cut (and colour) and the other I'm wearing now, although it's a bit clingy for my liking.  We're off to Asda too just in case they might have some, but basically I'm down to 2 dresses to cover me for the next 4 months... that in itself makes me want to cry.

Before you suggest it, I've gone back to Bon Prix and the bigger sizes in their maternity jeans are all sold out, that was the first thing I checked.  Yep, there's leggings too, which I'll happily wear around the house, but not outside, I have HORRIBLE legs, they're lumpy and gross, so no way they're being shown in public!

BIRTH
Yep, in about 16 weeks I'll be squeezing a baby out of my lady parts.  I've watched loads of episodes of One Born Every Minute but even then it didn't feel like I'd be going through it, it hadn't hit me yet, but it's starting to now.  There's no point me stressing over it, as quite frankly, there's no avoiding it.  That's going to be an occasion for my brave hat to go on and face it head on so to speak :). What a scary realisation though... I have fresh admiration for every woman who has gone through it!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting all the bits u need to get sorted out, I'm sure u will get most if not all of it done, its best to keep busy. http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. When looking for clothes, look in the beachwear sections (odd i know) but there tends to be alot morw flowing dresses that are bigger than what the size is (im currently a size 16 to cover bump & the size 10 fits me) asda have some.nice ones aswell as matalan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough that's what I did in Sainsburys, the dress I'm wearing today was with all their bikinis :) Went to Asda last night, picked up another dress from there, I now have 3 :P Yeah, not sure Matalan go up to my size, I know Primark don't. Appraently there's going to be a Matalan where the old Primark was too :)

      Delete
    2. Yep but you would of probably had the baby by then lol. I know matalan go up to size 20 in the normal clothes so id imagine the beachwear would too xx

      Delete
  3. Wow it sounds like you're going to have a busy few weeks! Good luck with all the house stuff. And clothes-wise, have you thought about looking at maxi skirts too? 'Coz they're easier to get away with wearing a few days in a row if you wear different tops :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely :) Yeah a few people have suggested maxi skirts. Thing is, I REALLY don't have the shape for a skirt, I can just about get away with a maxi dress, but that's about it. I have a really odd shape, so I have to be really choosy over what I wear/buy :)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved