Monday 16 June 2014

23 week pregnancy update

23 week pregnancy update

Weather-wise it's been a lovely week this week, we went back home to Pembrokeshire to see my step-dad and as you can see in the pics, it was glorious!  I spent much of the weekend taking pictures of birds and bees in the garden, as well as more practical stuff like sorting through some of my mums old stuff, evening finding a bag of my old clothes from when I was about 14!


MY WEEK
I've had a pretty good week.  Seeing as preparing food pretty much puts me off eating it, Chris has taken over the reins in the kitchen and has been cooking me up lots of lovely vegetables, and I've been good and eating them all :)  I'm really looking forward to getting to 24 weeks, we call it V day, v standing for viable.  It's the date when the government/hospitals recognises that your baby isn't just a foetus, and that if I were to go into labour early, they'll do everything they can to save the baby and wouldn't be classed as a miscarriage.

SYMPTOMS
Slightly better than last week I think, a smidge less heartburn (when going to bed at least).  Nausea and tiredness about the same.  Although I'm napping a little less frequently, when I do nap it tends to be for longer now (1 hr instead of half hour).  I've only really had back ache after sleeping in the super duper firm bed at my step dads.

WEIGHT & DIET
Haven't weighed myself this week, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as last week though.  Diet has improved, I've been having more vegetables as hubby has been cooking them for me :)  Still drinking plenty of milk with crusha in it, but instead of having frequent small glasses, I'm having infrequent pints :)

BUMP
Protruding a little more all the time.  My maternity jeans are now getting pretty tight, and the place I bought them from doesn't go any bigger, so I think I'll be switching to maxi dresses pretty soon!  I just need somewhere like SimplyBe to start selling nice ones - their current selection is pretty horrid.  The movement I've felt has eased off a bit the last couple of days, I think Squidge is chilled out, at least, I hope that's what it is :)  Today (Sunday) and yesterday I felt next-to-no-movement.  Hopefully I'll feel more this week :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
I have a midwife appointment in 2 weeks, whoop!

BABY STUFF
Haven't bought any more in the last week, before I crack on buying play mats and other bits and bobs, we really need to start making headway in the house, and so far, we've done nothing!  I've told the hubby that next weekend we need to spend lots of time starting to get stuff done, otherwise I'll be 40 weeks and have nowhere for the baby to sleep, lets hope he gets an injection of motivation...


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these updates. I hope that Chris has found some motivation by now!
    Be careful when doing up the nursery as I'm pretty sure pregnant people shouldn't be around paint fumes. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved