Monday 23 June 2014

24 week pregnancy update

24 week pregnancy update
Top to Bottom, left to right: Me having a day off on Friday and not wanting to get up, a Totoro baby grow we've ordered on Etsy, a Leia baby grow we've ordered on Etsy, a cute and colourful baby blanket we bought from TK Maxx, a day out in town on Saturday (very rare!) and a cute little converse outfit we picked up in TK Maxx, in the boys section, but in my opinion, either could happily wear :)

This is a special week.  In pregnancy circles we call today 'V Day' - V standing for 'viable'.  It means that as of today, my baby is no longer considered a foetus and if she is born prematurely (from today onwards) they Drs will do all they can to save her, and (god forbid!) if she doesn't survive, we'll be given a death certificate and have a funeral and it wouldn't be classed as a miscarriage.  I know that's a horrible thing to think about, but psychologically it's another milestone to have surpassed.

MY WEEK
Hello! What a week! Firstly, I'm so sorry there's been no other blog posts in the past week, I've been really tired.  Basically, the hubby spent the week snoring his head off each night, I'd keep waking him up to turn over, but I think he was a bit bunged up and kept rolling onto his back.  There's nothing he could do about it, but it was loud enough to wake me up and keep me awake, so it's fair to say I felt like a zombie last week :P  I did book off Friday (and today) and spend Friday relaxing and sleeping, feeling much better for it now.

SYMPTOMS
Exactly the same as previous weeks - back ache, tiredness, heartburn (although, this has eased) and nausea.  They don't seem as bad anymore, I think I'm getting used to them :P  I have had quite swollen feet while it's been warm and with that I've had quite a pain in my left heel, I'll speak to the midwife about that on Thurs :)  My emotions seem to be a bit more stable than they were a couple weeks ago too, I'm not fond of being angry! lol

WEIGHT & DIET
Weight is back down again by 2lbs taking my total pregnancy weight gain to 2lbs - I don't think it'll stay this way for long, as I get towards the 3rd trimester I'm going to get pretty big, so I think more weight gain is inevitable, but that's fine.  My diet has been really good over the last week, I've been drinking less milk (which means less crusha) and eating more veg.  The hubby has taken over cooking dinners now as the preparation of them pretty much puts me off my food completely, so this means I've been eating fresh veg several times a week and getting more variety.  You know what, I haven't even had a jacket potato for dinner in like... 2 weeks? Crazy!

BUMP
Definitely getting bigger and as I'm writing this she's doing some of the strongest kicks she's done yet :) I've even been seeing my belly move over the past few days with strong kicks.  I can no longer fit into my maternity jeans (boo) and the only places (bon prix and simply be) that sell maternity jeans in my size don't have any in stock that would fit, which has left me with 1 maxi dress I can wear... eek! Tonight when the hubby comes home from work, we're heading to Sainsburys and Asda to see if I have better luck.  The one I'm wearing at the moment is from Sainsburys, oh and before you suggest leggings, I'll say that no person should be subjected to seeing my legs!

NEXT APPOINTMENT
This Thursday, it's my 24 week appointment with my Midwife, not really sure what it'll entail but I'll be there with bells on :)

BABY STUFF
We've bought only a couple more bits this week (all in the pic above).  We want to make sure we get some geeky stuff for the baby, so I've been buying a couple of bits on Etsy for that, and of course our little trip to TK Maxx where we bought the cute little Converse outfit (just need Converse shoes to go with it!) and the gorgeous little colourful blanket.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. She's going to be a very well dressed young lady :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be nice :) I'm aiming for 'cute' if people say 'oh I love her clothes, they're so cute' then that'll be my goal achieved :) I'm thinking, cute little colourful dresses and things like that :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, another milestone. I can't believe you're over half way there already - I'm really enjoying the updates :) I love the blanket from Tk Maxx - they have gorgeous baby items xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, yeah its a really special milestone I think :) Yeah it's crazy it's going so fast! Yeah, I adore the blanket, can't wait to have it in the nursery with our baby in it :)

      Delete
  3. Love that baby blanket!! The converse outfit is sweet too! How lovely! I love reading about pregnancies. My kids are 11 and 8 now so this seems like a distant memory for me xx

    Lucie (Ourworldandautism.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww love the clothes you've got! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw love catching up on your pregnancy! Congrats on reaching V Day, fantastic milestone!! :)
    Take care, and treat yourself to a few more days in bed when you can!! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved