Wednesday 11 June 2014

H&M Haul & Update

H&M baby clothes - springsteen and watermelon
Both from H&M, around £3.99 each 

Asda and H&M baby clothes, Guns and Roses and brown stripes
GnR top from Asda (£4.50), Stripy brown top H&M, around £3.99 

H&M baby clothes - strawberry baby grow and red & white stripe baby grow
Both from H&M, £7.99 for the pair 

Cute little booties, from Asda for £4 (in the boys section, but clearly both can wear) :)

Hello lovelies :)  So yesterday (Tuesday) was the day of my repeat 20 week anomaly scan.  Wasn't the easiest of scans, the sonographer had us very worried there for a while thinking there was a problem with the baby's heart and brain.  She called on a more experienced colleague who came, found everything straight off and wasn't worried - so all is well with Squidge, whoop!

It was the most painful of the scans I've had, she was pushing so incredibly hard on my tummy, at some points using two hands :(  I had a very tender and achy abdomen all afternoon, but by the evening it had subsided.  I know the baby is ok as she's been kicking me all day :)

On to the gender!  Unfortunately Squidge wasn't having any of it, she was lying there, on her belly, legs crossed with the umbilical cord between her legs, so the sonographer wasn't able to see anything, so we're still a bit on the fence, leaning towards a girl.  I really wish I was able to find out... I want to start buying appropriate clothing and decorating the room a little more accordingly... it's frustrating to say the least!

Anyway, no point dwelling on it, nothing we can do about it :)  So, the day before the scan, in my lunch I popped over to H&M to check out their baby clothes and I have to say I was really impressed. The clothes were well priced (around £4 each) and decent quality.  All the H&M pieces were picked up in the 'boys' section but could easily be girls clothes too.  I for one am adamant our daughter (if that's what she turns out to be!) won't have a pink wardrobe!  I may as well buy a barbie doll if that's what I want :)  Yes she'll have some pink, but I want the wardrobe (boy or girl) to be colourful and interesting.

This was just a quick update to show you some of the things I've picked up and how the scan went :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. My sister always dressed my niece in red and blue when she was little, now she's 4 all she wants is pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - yeah, that could be a reality for us, which is fine, but that'll be her choice, I certainly don't want to condition her to be overly girly :)

      Delete
  2. My Lily only wanted bob the builder or Thomas the tank engine so unfortunately around age 2-3 she dressed in boy clothes so people assumed boy. I had a navy stroller too lol. Sterling wears a Barbie t-shirt that has Lily written in pink glitter on it. But he loves it when he's ill as its comfortable to wear, its too big on him x. What ever you get they will look awesome in these clothes, Ozzy has a sweet child of mine hoodie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I'd be perfectly happy with that, when they're old enough to say "that's what I want" we'll listen, but I don't want to be one of these mummies that will only dress their girl in pink or their boy in blue :)

      Delete
  3. OMGosh those little shoes are divine and being a GNR fan, I love that vest x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so cute aren't they :D Yeah, I have a GnR tshirt I wear all the time, so now we can match :D

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved