Friday 13 June 2014

Big purchases

Graco Evo pram and changing table

So, last Friday saw a big day for us.  We went to Mothercare after work and bought the pram (travel system).  We opted for the Graco Evo.  When we'd been there a week earlier, it was after getting an email from Mothercare to say the pram was on offer (down from £529 to £329) so we wanted to check it out.  The lovely ladies there demonstrated how it worked and all goes together etc.  We immediately loved it!  Of course, this wasn't a decision we wanted to make on a whim, so we walked away, knowing the £200 off offer still had about 10 days left.

After heading onto the forum I frequent with other expectant mummies, I asked for their opinion - pretty much everyone loves it, and had nothing bad to say about it.  I looked up reviews and they were all awesome too, by this point our decision was pretty much made.

So last Friday we went back, had another quick look at it and decided to get it.  All in all it comes with the normal pram and small child seat (in the pic), the cot part (for new babies) and a car seat, pretty good value if you ask me!  While we were waiting to pay, I saw the baby changing table in the pic above, it was EXACTLY what I had in my mind, white wood with natural wood on top.  With £80 I wasn't sure I could walk away, so the hubby suggested we get this too (YAY!).

We opted for the Lovespace option, which is where Mothercare send the products to Big Yellow Storage in London, they hold on to it for up to 6 months, and if we go in and make other orders, it can all be added together.  Then, when we're ready for everything we just give them a call and they'll come and deliver it, fab!  All that for £30, I thought that was fair and worth it, since we have no where to store all this at the moment.

So that's two of the biggest purchases done, we've also bought a cot off a friend, there's just the chest of drawers to go for big stuff (and carpet).  Exciting times!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I think you got yourself some real bargains there, it never ceases to amaze me how much these things cost x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I feel like I had a good deal, still very expensive, but with the changing table, the only other ones I'd seen that I liked were in John Lewis for £299, and this was nearly half the price and nicer, this was exactly what I wanted :)

      Delete
  2. oohh how exciting!
    The cost of prams always shocks me! I love that changing table. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :D I know, they're crazy expensive, at least if you want one that'll last to the age of about 3 :) Yeah I'm in love with the changing table :)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved