Wednesday 17 September 2014

What's in my hospital makeup bag

My hospital makeup bag
The time has come for me to pack my hospital bag, well, that time was several weeks ago, and of course it's still not done.  But being a beauty blogger I do of course have my priorities straight and I have my makeup bag packed.  Probably one thing I really won't need or use, but none-the-less, it's packed and ready to go.  So here's a list of what's inside:

Real Techniques retractable kabuki brush (good for powder and blusher)
Urban Decay eden eye shadow primer potion (to keep my eye shadow in place)
Bdb brow pencil - something I really need!
Weleda skin food - I'm pretty sure my skin will need some TLC when I'm there!
Rimmel stay matte powder (self explanatory)
Collection Fast Stroke liquid eyeliner - I'm not me without a flash of liquid liner
Nanshy flat kabuki foundation brush - gotta have something to apply it with
Laura Mercier duo in black plum/sable - nothing OTT
Sigma E70 angled shading brush (for the eye shadow)
Korres lip balm in Guava - in a dry hospital I know I'll need this!
Makeup Revolution 'The One' foundation
Maybelline baby lips lip balm (more balm!)
Bourjois classic blusher - I'll either have no colour in my cheeks or too much :P

So they're all the makeup related bits and pieces I'm bringing with me - knowing me, I won't use any of it, maybe just the lip balm - but I'd like to think that at least when we go to leave the hospital I'll put on a little makeup, even if it's just my brows, some liquid eyeliner and mascara - but who knows, I might be far too exhausted to even think about that!

What did you do when you left hospital, did you wear any makeup to leave or when you were in labour?




Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

4 comments:

  1. I didn't wear any makeup during labour as u get very sweaty! I wish I'd had a water spray and a really good lip balm. Nipple balm works very well on lips! In my photos I think I look ok as I had a post labour glow :) my boys are 5 and 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I can't imagine I'll be wearing any foundation at any point (other than possibly when I'm leaving hospital, we'll see how I feel) I'll definitely be wearing lip balm though, that's an essential :D

      Delete
  2. Ooooh lovely! I didn't end up wearing any make-up which I thought I would want to for photos etc! I didn't even use any of the toiletries I took... I didn't want to shower there I just wanted to get home lol! Either way it's lush to have all your fave things with you, even if you don't end up using them :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I remember seeing your 'whats in my hospital bag' post and all the things you'd packed, I think in reality most people are far too focussed on the job at hand and not keeping themselves beautified :P I probably won't end up using any of it other than the lip balm, but at least I'll be prepared :P

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved