Monday 29 September 2014

38 week pregnancy update

38 week pregnancy update
Top to Bottom, left to right: A cute adorable little monkey babygrow we picked up at Sainsburys (£12), my bump at 37+5, a wicker stand I'm turning shabby chic by painting it white so it can go back into the new bathroom and not look out of place, and our 6th wedding anniversary.

MY WEEK
Overall it's been a pretty good week.  At my consultant appointment on Tuesday she said that my next appointment (tomorrow) is likely to be my last (more on that below).  This last week we've also had our bathroom done, it was amazing, the plumber & fitters managed to get it all done in 4 days!  It still needs to be painted which won't happen before the baby comes - that's not a big deal, but there are big bits of plaster exposed on the walls, so it does still feel like it's only 50% done, we've held off moving everything back in there until it's been painted otherwise we'd have to move it all out again :P

I've finally started to nest too!  On Friday I cleaned the bathroom, the nursery, the lounge & conservatory floor and dusted the TV unit - also sorted through some paperwork.  I felt like I could have kept going all day!  Then on Sunday I gave 2 coats of white paint to the wicker stand pictured above (the colour theme for the bathroom is dark wood (wenge) and white) so hopefully it'll blend in a bit better in there now.  I'm writing up a whole post about my renovation of it.

SYMPTOMS
The heartburn has eased, and now it's more general aches and pains, so a very achy lower back, my hips are hurting a lot, especially the right one.

SLEEP
My sleep is very up and down at the moment.  Saturday night was terrible, both the hubby and I were awake from about 5am, after a very restless night and didn't fall asleep again until about 7am.  The worst thing is waking up in the middle of the night needing a wee - I get a real ache in my hips and when I have to turn to get out of bed, it's really painful, especially when I limp off to the loo :P

DIET & WEIGHT
After a busy day yesterday, I missed weighing myself again - however at my last appointment on Tuesday I'd lost another pound or two, which is good!  My diet is the same, still fruit salad for breakfast, cheese sandwich and Quavers for lunch and a simple dinner.  I must admit, I am looking forward to eating relatively normally again.  The diabetic nurses said that once the baby is born I can stop monitoring my bloods.  Since this diet has really agreed with me, I do plan to keep some elements of it going, like the switch to brown pasta - both the hubby and I really like it.  I still want to have fruit salad for breakfast and healthy dinners.  What I am looking forward to, is eating mango again and drinking fruit juice, as well as having the odd treat.  Hopefully, after Squidge is born I'll continue to lose weight if I can keep up this diet.

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow!  It's likely to be my last antenatal appointment, how frightening! I'll be having a sweep, and a CTG (going on the trace).  If the sweep doesn't kick-off labour, then they'll look to induce me on Thursday/Friday.  So, that might make this my last pregnancy update too - god it feels so real now!

BABY STUFF
The only new thing we've bought this week is the cute monkey babygrow which we picked up at Sainsburys on a whim - it's so incredibly soft!!!

So I think that's a wrap on my weekly pregnancy updates!  *IF* they decide not to induce me I'll do another update for next week, but it's more likely that I might still be in labour come next Monday :) So if I'm scarce on here for a little while, you'll know why :)  I'll be back with an update as soon as I can after the baby is born, introducing him to you :)  I'll probably keep calling him Squidge just to protect his identity somewhat, but I will be sharing pics of him with you :)


Georgina <3

1 comment:

  1. Ooh how exciting! It must be such a weird feeling that maybe tomorrow already your labour could start or it will start in the days that follow.. not long anymore at least!
    The monkey outfit is so cute!
    I hope the pains you are experiencing will die down a bit so you can get some more sleep in, now you still can. I have no fun sleeping anymore which makes me so tired I would not even know how to go through childbirth, I have to hope for the adrenaline to kick in! ;)
    But great you still manage to do so much! I am mostly lying around somewhere in the house hoping to be pain free for a bit while I am looking at this half finished mobile that I really should get ready because once there is a baby I will never get it done!
    Good luck tomorrow! I ll keep an eye out for updates! Hopefully everything goes well and you won't have to wait long anymore! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved