Monday 8 September 2014

35 week pregnancy update

35 week pregnancy update
Top - Bottom, Left - Right: Progress in the nursery - we finally have the furniture put together, the hubby after completing the Cardiff 10k on Sunday (in 3 weeks he'll be doing the mens health challenge), The Sims 4 - I've been spending a lot of my time on that, baby clothes in the drawers, awww

MY WEEK
Well, this week hasn't been quite as crazy, so this blog post won't be quite as long :P  We've made some great progress in the nursery - we bought the drawers (Hemnes 3 drawer) and put the Mothercare oak changing table together (not very good quality).  We popped over to the in-laws to pick up lots of the baby stuff (mostly toys and clothes) to start filling the drawers.  We still need to buy more nappies - we'll be getting the Aldi ones, but in the meantime we've ordered some of the Waitrose Essential ones - our friends who have a newborn have said they're pretty much as good as the Aldi ones and they're practically the same price (only a few pence difference).

This week also see's me finishing work (tomorrow) and starting my annual leave and maternity leave, I can't wait!  I'm hoping to blog a lot more as I'll have the time to dedicate to it, and ideally, I'd like to get lots of posts written up in advance ready for when the baby comes.

SYMPTOMS
It's been the week of the bad back - my lower back has been killing.  Normally when I'm in bed and I get an achy side, just lying on my back for a couple of minutes eases the pain, but that's not helping any more.  I've also reached the point where I can't stand for more than about 15 mins without feeling sick and getting lots of pain in my back and bump.  My heartburn seems to have returned too.

Oh, and I've been having some cravings - spicy curry :D  For curry I always have pilau rice, with plain korma sauce (no meat or veg), and occasionally a bombay aloo - well the new curry place we've tried does a very spicy bombay aloo and that's what I really wanted.  It's that, and Fanta Zero - can't get enough of either at the moment!

SLEEP
As mentioned above, my sleeping has been interrupted by a very achy back and pretty horrid heartburn.  At this stage, I don't know whether it's the bad, old & tired mattress or just this stage of pregnancy.  Part of me thinks it's my body preparing me for the sleepless nights I have ahead.  I'm just grateful that at least then, my body won't be using all it's energy on growing a baby.

DIET & WEIGHT
My weight has remained the same, despite a growing baby and lots of curry, I must be doing something right!  My meals are still very much the same, fruit salad and greek yoghurt for breakfast, cheese sandwich on wholemeal for lunch and then either new potatoes, quorn and veg for dinner, or a pasta bake (or curry!).  It's not great variety, but it's been tasty :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow - I'm seeing the diabetic nurse at the antenatal clinic, they're going to review my food diary and the bloods I had taken 2 weeks ago.  If I'm lucky I'll have another scan and get to see Squidge again.  I think I need to go back next week too and that's when they'll talk about inducing me at 38 weeks, scary!

BABY STUFF
I've not bought anything new this week, but what we have yet to buy and will hopefully this week, is the cot mattress, maybe Ewan the Sheep, and the car seat base *fingers crossed it fits without me having to move my seat all the way forwards*.


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved