Monday 22 September 2014

37 week pregnancy update - FULL TERM!

37 week pregnancy update
Top - Bottom, L-R: A strange rash that has appeared on my arm over the last few days, I think it's a late pregnancy thing.  The baby's hospital bag all packed and ready to go.  Delicate linen bags for the baby's socks and clothes - 2nd time we used it and it's ripped and torn - complained to Lakeland where I bought it from and they're sending a replacement.  I went to a Benefit Cosmetics press and blogger event in the week and they sent me a lovely book on brows (amongst other things).

bump progress
Bump progress over the last 3.5 weeks - how crazy is that!?!?!?!

MY WEEK
I have to say, it's been a really good week, and it's all happening!  My first full week of being off, and it's been great.  Last Monday was my highlight - knowing I was off for another 9 months, it was beautiful and sunny, I had the patio doors open, good films on and just had a blissful day - best Monday ever :)

I had the antenatal clinic on Tuesday - they said they may even induce me this week!!!!  I have a growth scan tomorrow and that's when they'll decide, depending on how big he is - so when we go to the appointment, I'll have my bags packed and in the boot of the car just in case!  We finally finished the nursery too - the only task left is for me to create a couple of paintings for the wall and put them up, but everything else is done and ready to go :)  Don't worry - there'll be a blog post all about the nursery on Wednesday with lots of photos.

SYMPTOMS
Plenty more heartburn.  Also when I get up after sitting for a while or getting out of bed, I'm in a bit of pain, mostly around my right hip, it hurts to lift my legs for the first couple of minutes.  I've also been feeling really tired, more tired than usual.

SLEEP
Much the same, I've been really achy and waking up a lot in the night due to the aches.  I also totally feel like a turtle on its back trying to get out of bed in the morning (or in the night), it's painful and uncomfortable.  I'm looking forward to feeling more normal again once he's born.

DIET & WEIGHT
My diet is the same - still a diabetic one.  When I saw the diabetic nurse and dietitian last week they did say that when the baby is born, I can stop monitoring my blood sugars - then 6 weeks after he's born I'll have a repeat GTT (Glucose tolerance test) to check that my body is back to being a non-diabetic.  I managed to forget to weigh myself this weekend too - so no idea whether I'm up or down.

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow!  I have a growth scan, full antenatal appointment and seeing the next week (eek).

BABY STUFF
We haven't bought anything else other than on Saturday making a little trip to Aldi, checking out their baby event and walking away with a load of nappies and a box of 4 packs of sensitive baby wipes.


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

4 comments:

  1. Exciting times!! Good luck for the scan tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting, you might have your Baby so soon already! Your bump Really did grow so much so fast! I Wonder what they will Tell You tomorrow. Great things are gong so Well with your diabetic Diat too :) (this Typing in Mythos boyfriends iPad is the worst, sorry for all the Weird words and random Capital letters ;)
    I believe i have about the Same Symptoms äs you have. Sleeping is Not That Great anymore! Even though i am so tired too. I will probably Need to be induced Earlier too, the Baby is huge, especially his head.. But a c section is more likely already, since they Messure him at Almost 4 Kilos already, and if he gets past that weight it will be a csection for sure.. So lets See..
    Funny how fast Things are going all of a sudden, i Feel Like i still Need to do so much and i forgot about so much.. At least i have a Bag packed As well Now, i think i Need More Thinges but i have nö Space anymore, but the Hospital is close by, Not That Bad Then if the boyfriend needs to go back a Few Times ;)
    Take Care! Looking forward to your next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's gone so fast!!! Yeah - tomorrow is a big day - I wonder how his growth will be on the scan :)

      Wow! I have no idea how much they think Squidge weighs - I'll have to ask tomorrow. Imagine if we end up having our baby's at the same time!?

      I know what you mean, it feels as though things are racing ahead very quickly!!!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved