Monday 15 September 2014

36 week pregnancy update

36 week pregnancy update
Top to Bottom, L-R: Lovely flowers bought for me by my team on my last day at work, Shelves finally up in the nursery with teddy bears and books on, Part of how my desk was decorated on my last day, My typical breakfast (yummy!), a load of baby laundry hanging up to dry (awww) and a derp face on my latest YouTube pregnancy update :)

MY WEEK
It's been a bit of a rollercoaster of a week (in a good way).  Tuesday was my last day at work before starting annual leave and maternity leave.  I thought I was going to be really sad, but because it's only a temporary break I was actually ok.  Monday (the day before) Squidge was pretty quiet, he seems to have a quiet day once a week, and when I was at my antenatal appointment on Tuesday morning they said that especially at this stage of pregnancy, if he's having a quiet day they need to know about it. Alas, Wednesday he was also quiet, so Thursday (I know, I really shouldn't have waited so long) I called the hospital and they wanted me to come in.

They put me on the trace monitor and Squidge's heart rate was ok, but on the higher edge of normal (it was flitting from 140-177 bpm) so instead of being on trace for 20 mins, I was on it for an hour and a half.  Because of that, and it being my 4th episode in, they wanted me to pop back in on Sat morning to go on trace again - all was well, his heart rate was similar but he was pretty active so they didn't mind.  My blood pressure was low for the first time EVER! lol, it was 100/60 - the lowest I've ever known it (it's usually slightly high) - but seeing as I felt fine they weren't worried at all - and lets face it, it's much better for it to be low when pregnant than high!

We've also made great progress in the house this week.  Saturday saw the shelves go up in the baby's room and on Sunday we sorted out all the bags of stuff we had in the conservatory (this will make room for the bath that's turning up ready for the bathroom to be done, and the pram to move from the nursery) - so it's starting to come together now.  There's just another 2 boxes of stuff to go through, and then we'll be close to getting the nursery finished.

We've also had some generous friends, and altogether had £85 of Mothercare vouchers.  So armed with these we bought the cot mattress on Saturday, and the car seat base - so thanks to their generosity we only had to part with £35 of our own money, which was amazing :)

SYMPTOMS
Lots of lower back ache, it just doesn't seem to subside at the moment and a lot of pelvic pressure since Squidge is well engaged!  Still been having my daily dose of heartburn with a side order of nausea, but that's nothing new.

SLEEP
This has improved a little, I'm still having to get up for bathroom visits in the night but I am sleeping a bit better, but in spite of that I'm still really tired and feel the need for daily naps now, only thing is, I begrudge napping in the day, it feels like such a waste.  I don't think our mattress is helping my achy lower back either, I just can't get into a position which eases the ache at all.

DIET & WEIGHT
I'm weighing exactly the same as the last 2 weeks, which is about 10lb lighter than before I got pregnant, I'm really happy with this as the baby will be gaining weight so I'm essentially losing weight right now, whoop :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow - I have 2 clinic appointments, the normal antenatal one late morning and I'm seeing an anesthetist in the afternoon to talk about my options when being induced and allergies etc.  Hopefully after tomorrow I'll have a date for inducing me too, scary!

BABY STUFF
For stuff we've bought - just the cot mattress, car seat base, and 3 picture frames for the artwork I'm creating for the nursery.  However we've had quite a few presents!  Maybe I'll try and put these in a separate post :)


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for regular updates :)

3 comments:

  1. Can't believe you're at 36 weeks already! Very exciting. Hope your maternity leave is nice and relaxing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's going so fast! Getting all the more real now :P Maternity leave (annual leave) is going great so far, in fact I'd go so far as to say the best Monday ever - knowing I'm off for 9 months :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, it's all going so quickly now. Good luck with everything. Lots of love,

    Clairexxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved