Monday 25 August 2014

33 Week pregnancy update

33 week pregnancy update
Top to bottom, L-R: My lip product stash I found while clearing out some old bags, my mani from Saturday (Nails Inc Motcomb St with Max Factor fantasy fire over the top), some lovely goodies for the blog that the postman crushed when pushing through the door, some reduced goods from our Aldi shop

MY WEEK
It's been a pretty good week.  I had an antenatal appointment on Tuesday, or at least so I thought I did. I was told I'd be having growth scans every other week, but when I turned up they only wanted me to see the diabetic nurse, so ended up being a quick appointment.  They weren't overly happy with my blood sugar results and I need to go back tomorrow as they're probably going to put me on Metformin to help control my levels, as they seem to be going high when they shouldn't.

It's also been a really emotional week, it was the anniversary of my mum passing away, and it was more difficult this year as I also lost my brother earlier in the year.  Then during a regular meeting at work, I discovered the girl I was having the meeting with knew my brother too - all very emotional.

On a more positive note, we've been busy starting to get the nursery sorted, clearing out furniture from the room - it's still full of stuff but we're getting through it.  I'm feeling a real sense of urgency to get it done now.  Over the next week I need to start collecting bits for my hospital bag and start getting that ready too.  So much to do/think of!

SYMPTOMS
Very tired all the time and I get very tired from doing very little.  The baby has been having a right wriggle this week too, which is lovely :)  I've had a pretty achy lower back too and I've been needing lots of visits to the bathroom - I think Squidge is dancing on my bladder :)

SLEEP
Still not sleeping very well, I managed to have 1 good night sleep on Friday night  - I slept from 10:30 through to 4am, had to get up for a bathroom visit, then slept until about 7am.  But yeah, now when I feel like I should be getting as much sleep as possible, I'm finding it really hard to get much sleep.

DIET & WEIGHT
I've lost another 1lb, I'm now 8-9lbs lighter than before I got pregnant, crazy eh!  My diet feels really limited at the moment (vegetarian & diabetic) and I feel like I'm eating the same stuff every day, which I am.  I'm just counting down those days until I can eat normal food again, like a poached egg with a runny yolk, mmmmm.

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow, just seeing the diabetes nurse and will most likely be put on Metformin.

BABY STUFF
The only new things we bought were the three things in the picture from Aldi - all came in under £5.

This past week I've written about the little (food) bits I'm looking forward to having once the baby is born, our experiment in shopping at Aldi & Lidl and my wonderful baby shower.


Don't forget, for regular updates whenever I blog, follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you are 33 weeks already, madness at how quick it has gone, for me anyway ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's going so quickly! I can't believe that in a few short weeks Squidge will be here!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved