Wednesday 20 August 2014

My babyshower

As promised, here's my post about my babyshower which happened last week.  So, it started a couple months ago when I had a text from my friend saying she was going to start organising it, who I'd like to attend and their phone numbers.  Other than getting a date nailed, this was pretty much the last I heard about it :)

On the night, my friends turned up at the house to blindfold me and drive me to the secret venue.  After 20 mins of driving around (and feeling a little sick, lol) we rocked up at my mother-in-laws house (which was 10 mins away) :)  For me, this was perfect, they have a lovely house which I'm really comfortable in, so this was perfect.

After I arrived, the father-in-law headed over to surprise my hubby by taking him out for a meal :)

I walked in to find a vintage tea party with bunting everywhere, it was so pretty.

tea party

bunting

diabetic carrot cake with sugar icing

tea with vintage china

selection of teas

My mother-in-law was amazing, she hired in some vintage crockery (all proceeds go to a local charity) and made food to suit my vegetarian/diabetic diet.  My friend who'd organised the shower had also had made a carrot cake, where the top tier was sugar-free :)  So thoughtful :)

After we'd eaten and consumed a lot of tea, it was time to open some presents, I was quite overwhelmed with just how generous everyone had been.  Here's a few snaps of the gifts :)

Gorgeous presents, some handmade

More gorgeous gifts

Lovely clothes and bibs

All in all it was a lovely evening, one I'll certainly never forget.  Thank you to everyone who helped organise, it was such a special evening and everyone who was there made it all the more special.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Aw it looks lovely! :) Glad you had a good time X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet surprise and looks like some lovely gifts there xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was :) Yeah, so many lovely gifts :)

      Delete
  3. aww how lovely glad u had a fab time
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow so lovely - and so many things. It's getting close now and so excited for you :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so exciting!!! I'm excited for you too after your news :D

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved