Monday 18 August 2014

32 week pregnancy update

32 week pregnancy update
1.  Our moses basket arrived - it's the Olive and Henri one from Toys R Us, kindly bought by Squidge's grandparents
2.  Look out for Wednesday's baby shower post :)
3.  My favourite diabetic friendly breakfast
4.  Car trouble - well, not really, but the battery did go and we had to buy a new one, bye bye the best part of £100!

MY WEEK
Well, it's been a pretty wonderful week.  On Wednesday it was my baby shower, I'll be writing up a whole blog post about that which will go live this Wednesday.  We had another couple of hours spent at the maternity assessment unit because Squidge was being quiet, he was still moving around, just less than normal.  That was followed up with a scan the next day to check my amniotic fluid levels, they'd dropped a tiny bit from the last scan, but it was still a good level, considering the baby is growing.  The big bonus to that scan is we had the nicest scan pic we've seen - you can really see Squidge's profile :)


I've also done my last 5 day week at work (whoop!), only 6 weeks to go until I'm on maternity leave and I can't wait.  I'm finding working getting harder and harder now, I get very tired very quickly so the sooner I can finish work the better.

SYMPTOMS
I've had a pretty achy lower back this week on and off, and every night when I go to bed the heartburn returns, at least when I sleep on my right side.  One evening I also had period-like cramps for about half an hour, they were pretty uncomfortable - I've read up that it's likely to be the baby moving down in the uterus - I hope not though as he's breech still!

SLEEP
It's getting worse - the last few nights I've been having a terrible nights sleep, very interrupted, tossing and turning a lot and just lying in bed awake for what feels like hours, as well as being really achy.

DIET & WEIGHT
I didn't weigh myself this weekend, so we'll have to see next weekend how my weight is :)  My diet is good, although I have discovered this week that bran flakes and weetabix really don't mix with my diabetes, so I'll be avoiding them from now on.  I'm loving having strawberries, blueberries and kiwi's for breakfast with greek yoghurt and a touch of truvia sweetener.

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tomorrow! I have a big antenatal appointment tomorrow where I'll have a growth scan, see my consultant, the medics and maybe the diabetes nurse - it's safe to say I'll be there for a good 4 hours, I'm going to try and remember to bring a book with me this time (the 2nd Harry Potter book - yes, I'm reading them for the first time at the age of 35 :P)

BABY STUFF
Well, as you can imagine, with a baby shower there's been quite an influx of baby stuff this week :P It's all at the in-laws so I'm not able to photograph it, but I do have some nice pics of the evening which I'll be putting into Wednesday's post.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved