Monday 11 August 2014

31 week pregnancy update

31 week pregnancy update
Left: My first proper bump pic taken at 30 weeks & 2 days :)
Top Right: Matilda looking for the cable tie she was playing with
Bottom right: A knitting magazine I bought for my mother-in-law that has a pattern and materials with it to knit a red squirrel :)

MY WEEK
It's been a really good week :)  I had an antenatal appointment on Tuesday that went really well.  The baby is growing well, his head and legs are still measuring 2 weeks ahead (long legs like his Daddy) and his abdomen is spot on (which is the most important).  They also measured my amniotic fluid and it's gone up again, whoop!  It's now 13.something up from 8 then 10, so in normal ranges now, which is great.  I also saw the diabetic nurses who are really happy with how I'm controlling it with my diet which is great - a really great appointment :)  And as an added bonus, we were done there about 2 hours quicker than normal, which was fab.

SYMPTOMS
The heartburn has been getting me this week, and I've been pretty uncomfortable.  I think Squidge has been in some funny positions.  I've been getting pretty tired too, when it gets to about 10:30 at night, I all of a sudden get completely sleepy and need bed asap, and it's really hard getting out of bed in the morning as I'm so tired.  I think here is where things start getting harder...

SLEEP
I'm definitely more tired and get tired a lot more easily, it's hard work growing a baby :)  I'm waking up a lot in the night with really achy sides too, I'm not sure if that's just the pregnancy or the dying 10-year old mattress.

DIET & WEIGHT
At my appointment on Tues I'd noticed they'd recorded another weight loss - and weighing myself yesterday, I've now lost half a stone on my pre-pregnancy weight.  So not only have I negated the gains I should see from carrying a baby, but I'm getting lighter all the time.  I think the diabetic diet has a lot to do with that, and the fact I've had a reduced appetite since getting pregnant.  It'll be interesting to see after the baby is born how much weight I'll have actually lost :)

BUMP
Growing all the time, getting bigger and bigger as the weeks roll on - just have a look at the pic :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tuesday 12th August - seeing the midwife for my 31 week appointment.

BABY STUFF
Not bought anything new this week, we moved all the baby stuff to hubby's parents house so we have room to start sorting the spare room.  What I'm looking forward to most this week though is my surprise baby shower :)  It's on Wednesday, all I know is that I'm being picked up at 6:30 and I don't know anything about what will happen, all very exciting :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. You like you're glowing in the picture! Glad to hear everything is going well with baby xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I just found your little blog and I'm loving it so far! You look stunning pregnant! Absolutely glowing! I'm also a Baby and Beauty blogger and soon to be mummy, I am 40 weeks this coming Friday! Would love for you to stop by my little blog :) It has beauty and baby posts :)

    Take care,
    Heather & Baby Riley AKA Bump! - XO
    www.heatherssway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather :) I'll definitely check out your blog :D

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved