Monday 4 August 2014

30 week pregnancy update

30 weeks pregnant
1. The first changing mat we've bought for Squidge
2. Poppet (Step-Dad's cat) on hubby's lap - she literally stayed there for hours
3. An epic salad the hubby made me, he's a keeper :)
4. Matilda looking cute on the stairs

MY WEEK
It's not been a bad week, although I've been quite stressed out at work, there's just a lot on at the moment.  Tuesday I had an appointment with the diabetic nurse at the antenatal clinic, there was me thinking it would be a quick check and back out but nope, I had a surprise scan and I met with the consultant too.  The good news was that the fluid that was low around Squidge has increased, it's still not high enough, but it's gone from about 8.3 to 10.4 (should be between 15-25) which is great, at least it's in the right direction :)

My blood sugars have been pretty stable this week, the only times they went high were after eating something that had too much carbs.  I'm going to try and walk more this week if I can, maybe around the lake on the way home a couple times a week, it should help my body control my blood sugars better.

I also had my whooping cough jab this week (Weds) and my arm still hurts!  It's funny, I really hate having blood taken since they always have to take it from the back of my hand (I had the worst veins) but I'd rather have that done than have a jab :/

SYMPTOMS
Big heartburn this week after eating marmite, sad face.  Also, after sleeping on an orthopedic bed at the weekend, I've been very achy and not sleeping very well.  I've been pretty tired (nothing new there) and get tired very easily at doing very little, that's pretty typical though :)

SLEEP
Since this seems to be a big part of most pregnancies I thought I'd start including this in my weekly updates.  As I mentioned above, at the weekend I was away at my step dad's house and he's got orthopedic mattresses, which give me absolute hell - I wake up more than normal and in quite a bit of pain, and by the morning I have quite a bit of pain in my bump.  However, back home it's a different matter, we have a 10 year old pocket-sprung very soft mattress, which is awesome to sleep in but we have 2 people shaped dips in the bed which isn't great for back support, so lets just say that even in my own bed I've been getting really achy.

DIET & WEIGHT
As I was away I wasn't able to weigh myself, but I did weigh myself one evening and overall since getting pregnant I'm up 3lbs and that's all - I'm pretty happy with that to say the least considering I'm now nearly 7.5 months pregnant :)

BUMP
As always, getting bigger all the time!  I still fit into my 3 maxi dresses so I'm pretty happy :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tuesday morning - I'm now having weekly scans, one week to check the baby's growth, the next week to check the fluid levels.

BABY STUFF
So I've bought a few things this week, a changing mat, a bunch of clothes from Debenhams (I had a voucher left over from my birthday) and some swaddling wrap thingys for when Squidge is newborn :) I might put all of these into a haul post for you - the clothes at least, they're very cute :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I remember getting so excited around the 30 week mark! I have followed you on Bloglovin so I can keep up to date with your updates :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 weeks is the downhill slide now! Goodness 10 ish weeks to
    Go

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved