Wednesday 9 July 2014

My first NCT nearly new sale

NCT sale Fisher Price rainforest play gym

NCT sale toys

On Saturday the hubby and I planned a very busy day, it was the first time I'd been out of the house all week thanks to the labrynthitis and we had a lot to do (get paint samples from B&Q, attend NCT sale, head to The Range to get some storage tubs).

If you've not heard of NCT, they're a charity set up for parents, and every quarter across they UK they hold sales of baby and kid stuff.  It's £1 to get in (members get to go in 15 mins ahead of everyone else and volunteers get 1st dibs).  They also hold parenting classes which seem to prove to be quite popular amongst a host of other ways they support parents, you can read about them here.

When we were in the queue I briefed Chris on our shopping list.  Moses basket and stand, Fisher Price Rainforest musical gym and some toys.  Maybe a bugaboo if we could find a really cheap one (they're not expensive brand new).

The first room we got to was where all the bouncers, cots and moses baskets were, but sadly all the moses baskets had already gone (I think this was down to the members and volunteers as we were some of the first non-members in).  So on we moved to the next room - clothes, we skipped past that as we're pretty good on clothes and they weren't on our list, so we headed up stairs.  First room upstairs was baby sleeping bags, bumboo's (but all without the inserts) and the next and final room was our room, toys!

Chris ran in as he'd spotted some play mats, we saw the giraffe from the Rainforest one straight away, asked how much it was (£15 - rrp £50) and nabbed it!  I think it's the old-style one as it doesn't cross over but it's basically the same.  Once we had that, I could relax, so we picked out a few toys and headed back downstairs to pay for it.  As we walked past the clothes I spotted a cute little duck baby grow which I picked up, it was only 50p and ever so cute.  All together we spent a bargainous £23!

After getting home and setting up the Rainforest play mat I was quite disappointed, it was quite dirty (baby goo all over it - food/sick not sure which) and as much as it says 'musical' on it, it makes next-to-no noise at all, only the cow/zebra thing on it makes a tiny sound and that's it... so, not as excited about that as I thought I'd be.  Ah well.

If you're interested in attending one of these 'nearly new' sales, you can put your details in here to see which one is closest to you and when.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. We did the NCT weekend intensive course 5 weeks before our first was born. It was really informative but the best thing was meeting 3 other couples who are now great friends. I highly recommend it. Never done a sale but it's amazing how well toys come out after a wash. That bear was a big favourite of my sons :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fab idea I think I need to head to a local NTC nearly new sale locally to start getting baby bits.
    http://www.joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nearly New Sales are a good mine of bargains, I just picked up a Stokk Tripp Trapp that was worth over £200 for £45. I am also a commitee member which means I have a say in what happens in our district as well as a NNS volunteer so I get all the bargains first! You should be able to take the musical stuff out and give it a wash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so good with getting all the baby things! I really have to get started.. I have nothing except some clothes.. I think I might start making a list this weeked, while looking at the things you already bought and blogged about. What is next on your list? ;)

    The play mat looks really great and colorful on the picture! I hope you can get it clean. And your baby won´t know it is supposed to make more music anyway right? ;) But I really like it and will look at something like that too. I can´t expect for my baby to be entertained enough with just staring at the white ceiling and walls haha he might want some more after a while

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved