Monday 28 July 2014

29 week pregnancy update

29 week pregnancy update
Top-Bottom, L-R: Homemade diabetic friendly lollies (diet lemonade), our new bedroom furniture (still waiting on the doors), Matilda helping us unpack the wardrobe, my growing bump :)

MY WEEK
This week saw us end our long weekend away in Cornwall (will be blogging about our babymoon this week), saw us find out that we're having a boy (all mentioned in my previous update, which was late) and has seen me try to get used to doing my blood sugars every day.

It's been quite busy, on Saturday hubby finished painting the bedroom, and Sunday we made an early trip to IKEA with to buy a new wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets - then our in-laws came over to help us assemble it all, and holy moly are we glad they did!

I've been managing to do my bloods every day successfully, I'm not sure I have the knack yet as it still hurts when I do it.  My problem is that I've got really poor circulation, so I have to ensure the needle pricks my skin quite deeply, otherwise I just don't get enough blood up to do the test.  But because of that, I'm ending up with little bruises all over my finger tips.

SYMPTOMS
I've been quite tired this week, I think that's because I've been quite busy, and trying to deal with the heat.  If we lived in a normal house, it wouldn't have been too bad, but our lounge turns into our conservatory (with no doors in between) - what this means, over the last few days our house has been 28 degrees with no breeze... it's far to say, I haven't been sleeping very well.

DIET & WEIGHT
Once again I wasn't able to weigh myself this week, and I really don't know how I'm doing.  I've had quite swollen feet, so I can imagine that I could have gained, but my diet has been really good, thanks to the diabetes (or baby-betes as I call it).

BUMP
It's getting bigger by the day (as you can see in the pic above).  Squidge is moving more and kicking less, it's so lovely to feel him moving around :)

NEXT APPOINTMENT
Tuesday (tomorrow) I'm going back to the clinic to see the diabetic nurse to see how I've been getting on, and then Wednesday I'm having my whooping cough jab.  All fun stuff!

BABY STUFF
Well, now we know we're having a boy, we can start to buy some cute little outfits.  When we were in Sainsburys the other day waiting for my prescription we wandered over to the baby isle and bought a couple of outfits for Squidge, I'm still keen on buying a cute little pair of Converse booties too :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved