Monday 26 May 2014

20 week pregnancy update

20 weeks pregnant
Top to Bottom, left to right
New midi rings from Dorothy Perkins, my new haircut (before re-dying it, this is 6 months of re-growth), New necklace from Dorothy Perkins (totally fell in love with it) and Matilda looking as beautiful as ever

I almost can't believe it, I'm half way through!!!!!!!

MY WEEK
I've had a pretty good, ok week overall.  Went to the Drs Monday morning to speak to her about my swollen feet and lack of protein in my diet, the Dr was really good - she said the swollen feet are down to the hot weather we had last weekend, and it's not likely to be pre-eclampsia as that doesn't generally appear until you're gone 30 weeks.  She told me not to worry about the lack of protein, despite me not getting near enough - she said that the baby will be fine and it'll be me who suffers, and that if I was really lacking in it, I'd be craving foods with protein in :)

SYMPTOMS
Tiredness (napping lots), not sleeping very well, I keep waking up with an achy side.  Still nauseous, not feeling sick in general, but still wretching when brushing teeth, blowing nose, smelling something bad like the ever-so-stinky camembert that was in the work fridge... OMG that was horrific!!!!

WEIGHT & DIET
Back down to pre-pregnancy weight - I think the gain last week was due to the swollen feet.  It does worry me though, is Squidge still growing, are they even still alive... My bad eating habits could well be the reason for this - and by 'bad' I mean, I haven't been eating that much most days as my appetite isn't what it was... here's a typical day for me:

Breakfast - bowl of Waitrose honey nut flakes & soya milk, or a Oatso simple porridge
Lunch - Greggs cheese salad baguette, diet coke (maybe some crisps)
Dinner - 2 medium jacket potatoes with a little butter, salt and pepper
Snacks - *IF* I have any, I might have fruit, or a graze box, very occasionally some Starburst

BUMP
No real noticeable growth, still a firmness just under my belly button - and my friends think I'm showing, but I think that's wishful thinking :P  There's certainly nothing obvious and if someone looked at me, they certainly wouldn't think I was pregnant, just bigger than I was :P

NEXT SCAN/APPOINTMENT
27th May 20 week scan - TOMORROW!!!!!!!! Hopefully, by around 11am tomorrow, I'll know that Squidge is ok, and if they're team blue or pink :) (I'm betting on team blue)

BABY STUFF
I was about to say I didn't get anything but then the hubby reminded me that even though I said I wasn't going to buy anymore baby stuff until after the scan, I did have a real urge mid-week to buy something, so I popped to Tiger and picked up a few decorative bits for Squidge's room like giant pencils (very giant!) for the shelves, opposable thumb toys (for when they're older), some food containers, little yellow rubber ducks for the bath :D

I'll be blogging tomorrow night too with the results of the scan, even if it's bad news - so check back Tuesday evening if you want to find out if we're team blue or team pink!!!

Oh an irritating note, my hair straighteners which I've had for just over a year, broke this weekend.  My new hair cut really needs them... I've literally used them about 8 times, and they're barely getting warm  :(  Not impressed!


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. eekk! I bet your bouncing off the walls excited today :) ill be watching your twitter and blog to find out! the picture of the rings, what nail polish are you wearing? its beautiful!

    Catherine x

    beauty is in the eye of the beholder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine :D Yeah - really excited (and nervous) :)

      This is the nail polish I was wearing http://www.superdrug.com/maybelline/maybelline-color-show-nail-marinho-103/invt/586165 - borrowed it from a friend in work, lasted really well, put it on Weds (no top coat or base coat) and only yesterday has it started chipping on my right hand, left hand is still perfect :)

      Delete
  2. Aw fab update!!
    You're eating so well - I've not stopped eating! Which is prob why at 28 weeks, I've put on 1.5 stone!!!
    Hope your scan went well!! Excited to read what you're having!! :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I don't feel I'm necessarily getting the right nutrients though - but I guess if I wasn't, I'd be craving all the stuff I needed :P Thanks, it's first thing in the morning, whoop!

      1.5 stone isn't too bad :D

      Georgina

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    Great to hear you are having a better week! I really like your haircut. You look beautiful!

    You must be getting so excited now! Only a few hours! I'll be thinking about you! Good luck and enjoy seeing your little one on the screen! It will have grown so much! :D
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit :) Awww, you're too kind! If you check back, hope you see the scan update :D

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved