Monday 5 May 2014

Week 17 pregnancy update

17 weeks pregnant in pics
Left: A selfie before heading to a friends house on Sat night, I took much pleasure in doing a full face of makeup for the first time in a while :)
Top Right: The hubby and I have set up our old Minecraft tekkit sever and have been playing again, this has been much fun!
Bottom right: Weekly purchases - I adore the macadamia hair mask which is normally £30 for that size tub, but they had it for £18 on beauty bay, so with the money I saved I purchased the macadamia 'flawless' to try :)


MY WEEK
You might have seen in my last post it's been a busy week filled with hospital and midwife appointments, nothing to worry about, just the 16 week bloods, and 16 week midwife appointment :)
I still don't feel pregnant though, despite still feeling quite woozy, my appetite not being there etc, I'm convinced something is wrong because of this (I know that's completely normal).  I just can't wait for my 20 week scan so I can find out for sure if everything is ok :)

SYMPTOMS
More retching, and specifically, my first set of throwing up! It was quite comical really, I'm there, brushing my teeth and before I spit out the toothpaste, I feel really sick (this happens every time I brush my teeth since I became pregnant, it's the action of spitting it out). With that, I wretch (again, typical daily occurrence when brushing teeth), then as I spit the toothpaste out, the tea I just drank gets thrown up with it :P

What's funny, I'm there with my head in the sink and I say out loud "Oh my g..." and as I'm saying "god" I throw up more tea :P Very comical :P

Still have the usual lower back ache, I'm also pretty boiling most of the time :)

WEIGHT
Down 3lbs this week, been eating pretty normally, but much smaller quantities of everything, still eating plenty of fruit, but not getting much protein.  I'd usually get that from Quorn since I'm vegetarian, but I'm off that now too :/

DIET
Still off cheese, quorn and anything remotely rich (i.e. anything not plain), loving potatoes still (jacket), mango, grapes and the odd packet of starburst :)

BUMP
Still nothing visible - my friend seems to think she can see a difference, but I'm not convinced!  I still can't really feel a firmness when I lie down, hubby thinks he can but I think it might be wishful thinking.

NEXT SCAN
27th May - it can't come quickly enough! I want to see Squidge and know everything is ok :)

BABY STUFF
Haven't bought anything new this week, although in a couple weeks time we are going over to a friends house as they're selling their crib and some other bits, so we're going to check that out, whoop!

Thanks for reading, I hope you've all had a fab week <3

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Happy 16 weeks!!
    Ah i was SO poorly at the beginning!! I suffered the worst sickness of my whole entire life at the beginning of this pregnancy!! You're quite lucky feeling quite normal!! :)
    Fab post hun :)
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lianne :) Yeah I'm very lucky :D

      Delete
    2. Hi Georgina!

      So great to read about your pregnancy so far. I was looking for hours for a blog from someone who is also about as far a long as I am. Then I somehow saw yours. I hope you are feeling well!
      I am also in the 17th week now and also have an underactive thyroid. So very interesting to read what is happening for you at this time! I am very looking forward to our next scan too, (an extra one) I could get next week. We will be able to see the little one again finally, hopefully everything will be fine and we might find out more..! ;) (I am Dutch but live in Munich, Germany, everything is so different here..)
      I will follow your blog closely! Only 20 more day until your scan! I am sure it will be the 27th before you know it. Time really flies!
      Take care and I can´t wait for your next update. :D

      Birgit

      Delete
    3. Hi Birgit,

      So happy we're the same weeks! Looking forward to seeing your updates too :). Envious of your scan, I wish I had one sooner, I just want to know squidge is ok, I'm sure he/she is fine though :)

      Please do post your updates here unless you have a blog I can follow?

      Thanks and good luck for your scan :)
      Georgina

      Delete
  2. Yeah so funny! I hadn´t found someone before yet. When is your due date? Mine they kept changing in the beginning so hopefully they can tell me a more exact date next week. Somewhere mid October it has to be. Very unlikely that it will be born that exact day but it is nice to have a fixed date to focus on. ;)

    I am sure he/she is fine too! But still it is nice to have some confirmation of it now and then, now you can´t really feel anything yet.. Or at least I can´t yet.

    I do not have a blog, because I tend to keep writing and not stop and bring all these other things into stories that have nothing to do there! ;) I do love to read other people their stories though!

    But I´ll defenitely follow you and post something after your updates. Looking forward to them! Otherwise we can always email or chat or something. :)

    Thanks! You good luck too!

    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :)

      My due date is Oct 13th :D You'll have to let me know your finalised due date after your scan next week :) Yeah, it's frustrating not being able to feel anything, although today I think I may have felt some flutters, can't be sure though.

      I look forward to more chatting :D

      Georgina x

      Delete
  3. Hi!

    So funny! So is mine haha but they keep changing it back and forth between the 13th and 17th.. so let's see what they say next week..
    Ooh that is great! I sometimes think I feel something too but it is so hard to be sure because you have no idea what it is supposed to feel like.. but I am sure we feel something non stop, in the next months to come! :)
    Me too! :)

    xx
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved