Monday 12 May 2014

Week 18 pregnancy update

week 18 in pictures
Left - a letter my mum has from Winston Churchill sent from 10 Downing St - we re-discovered this on going through some of her old things.  Top right - yesterday's nail, a gorgeous red!  Bottom right - last weekend I was on a blog post writing mission on my beauty blog!

It's hard to believe I'm 18 weeks pregnant now, the time is definitely going more quickly.

MY WEEK
I've been a bit emotional this week.  I've had some family things going on, which has brought up the pain of losing my brother in Jan once again.  It's something I've still not really accepted... he lived in France, so I didn't get to see him very often, but we'd talk on the phone or Skype pretty regularly, so I think it's going to take quite a while to really believe he's gone.  As such, I've been feeling sorry for poor Squidge who's been going through this with me, he/she was even at the funeral in France with me, I just didn't know I was pregnant then.  Anyway, that 'family thing' got resolved, only for another one to rear it's ugly head, so I'm trying to ignore that now, as I feel if I acknowledge it, it'll spark a bit of a family feud - long story, but I'm hoping if I ignore it, it'll go away.

Nice thing - as we were back in Pembs at the weekend helping my step Dad sort through some of my mums old stuff, I found her old ante natal record from when she was pregnant with me :)  It was nice reading it, seeing the symptoms she had, the weight gain, the blood pressure and just a record of her going through it.  It was so timely for me to see it, since I'm going through it too - it's just sad she's not here to experience it with me.

SYMPTOMS
Nothing different this week, still quite tired, still wretching all the time and still have a bad back - but that's about it really.  I know I'm really lucky, as I could have it so much worse.

WEIGHT
As we were travelling back from Pembrokeshire today (visiting my step Dad), I missed weighing myself at my normal time, so I'll get back to you next week about this :)

DIET
I have been reading up this week on protein - as I'm vegetarian it's a lot more difficult for me to get protein, if I was a meat eater, I'd just eat chicken regularly and pretty much be ok.  But the curve-ball is that I'm off Quorn (one of the foods that makes me want to be sick), which makes it more challenging. In fact, I didn't realise until this last week that I'm supposed to eat more protein than normal (75g, compared to 45g).  So I'm thinking of re-downloading My Fitness Pal to track the amount of protein I'm having each day to see how much extra I need to eat/find.

BUMP
Still not showing, however, we have some progress :)  On Saturday morning, I was lying in bed on my back and I had a feel of my belly - from the belly button down it's gone really very firm (only when lying down though), and there's like a defined bump rising out of it too :)  I had Chris feel it, and he could really feel a difference, so there's definitely something growing there :D

NEXT SCAN
27th May - can't wait to find out if everything is ok, and if we're team blue or team pink :)

BABY STUFF
Only new thing I bought this week was a cute little pair of baby booties from M&S for £3

A pretty quiet week (not a bad thing!), still looking forward to my scan, but also enjoying finally feeling some changes in my body.  I actually ordered my first pair of plus-size pregnancy jeans today - my jeans are so badly fitting now - they're too baggy around the legs (too big overall really), they fall right down at the back when I sit down, or walk up the stairs (so I have to hold them), but when I sit down, the front really digs into my belly, which can't be good!  Oh, oh, I also ordered a changing bag ready for when Squidge arrives, it might be a little early, but I couldn't resist and it was on sale - I bought the Pink Lining yummy mummy pansies bag from Baby Lurve - so excited to get this!  It has a changing mat inside! Amazing!

Don't forget to Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved