Tuesday 12 May 2015

The Mummy Diaries | Body Strangeness

The little man

I thought I'd start up a new blog series where instead about talking about Squidge, I'd share some mummy related things.  Well, there's a few things been going on recently with me, and I thought I'd share them with you to see if I'm just being strange or if we're all the same :)

Hello period?
So, if you breastfeed, you don't get a period, pretty normal and that I knew.  But I didn't breastfeed, I expressed for the first 2 months until my supply dried up.  Then, in January I had my first period since having Squidge, pretty much bang on when I would have been due (beginning of the month). It wasn't too horrific, but oh boy was February's period horrendous and punctual.  Then 3rd March came and went, as did the 3rd April and the 3rd May, still with no sign of mother nature making an appearance.

I had chatted to the Dr about it, she said I should do a pregnancy test, but I knew I wasn't so I didn't bother.  I asked how normal this is to miss so many periods, she said not to worry unless I skip 4/6 of them, then to go back.  Well, on Sunday evening, mother nature arrived, and I couldn't be more relieved.  The only setback is that I have low iron, so I have tablets I need to take to help reduce my blood loss on my heavy days - so far these don't seem to have made a difference as my period is still very heavy, but whatever, I'm happy it's here :)

Food disgust...
You know when you're pregnant and certain foods repulse you? Well I had loads of weird things when I was pregnant, like brushing my teeth would make me wretch, and just the idea of certain foods would make me feel really sick.  Not long after having Squidge, they all fell by the wayside and I slowly returned to normal.  All apart from one meal - just the thought of eating it again makes me feel physically sick, and it's a meal I really used to like.  We didn't eat lots of it when I was pregnant (maybe once every other week for a couple months) and it wasn't a craving - but the 'yuck' idea of it hasn't left me.

BabyMummy brain
That forgetful baby brain you get when you're pregnant, you know the one where you become really ditsy? Well, that hasn't really gone either... still quite forgetful - I swear these things that happen to your body when your'e pregnant leave a really lasting effect!

What weird pregnancy things did you have linger beyond birth?

1 comment:

  1. I had the brushing the teeth thing with Ieuan but luckily that went. I did find that I couldn't (and still can't) use the mugs I had my tea in around the time of my morning sickness because just looking at them would make me heave. I also am a bit squeamish about Cheddars (those thin cheese biscuits) because it's all I could eat when I was pregnant with Caitlin. It does take a while for your body to readjust so I wouldn't worry x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved