Thursday 19 March 2015

My first Mother's Day as a mummy

This time last year when Mother's Day hit, I was about 3 months pregnant, and what I didn't expect was to have a card from the hubby as a 'mum to be' - it was so lovely it made me cry, such a thoughtful gift.  Mother's day has been hard for me the past 10 years, since my mum died, so this really meant something to me.  This year was no different, just much more awesome :)

Mother's day card while pregnant
Last year's card

The day started off like usual, with Squidge cooing then crying in his cot - but this time Chris got up to dress him and feed him, while I stayed in bed!!! Ok so I didn't get any more sleep as I was 'awake' by then but I did get to get out of bed when I was ready.  As I was in the process of getting up, Chris brought Squidge up to see me, dressed in a waistcoat, shirt and bow-tie (my favourite outfit of his), greeting me with a gorgeous rose-print bad full of gifts.

Squidge's first marks
Squidge's first marks

I opened the cards first, this was the first time I cried that day (and not the last!).  He'd bought me a card from him (Chris), basically thanking me for being a great mum... that choked me up - but when I opened the card from Squidge, that's when the tears flowed - Chris had given him a pen and got him to create his first 'pen to paper' marks on the card, that was more precious to me than anything he could have bought.

In the bag was a lovely cherry yankee candle (he knows how much I love a good scented candle), a box of lindt (the red ones - yummy!) and a 'best mummy' mug with a teddy bear in it - awwww so cute!  I collect mugs so this was a very happy present to receive.

Lovely mothers' day presents
Lovely presents

After that I jumped in the shower then came downstairs.  Chris popped to Starbucks for us and came back with their new maple syrup macchiatto's (the caramal macchiatto is my fav) but it wasn't really sweet enough for me, back to favourite latte's I go! He also brought back a cinnamon bun for me, yum!

After that we headed to his mum's house to wish her a happy mother's day and have a cuppa. Squidge was not on good form that day, he was really unhappy and crying a lot - just getting over a cold and not napping.  So we went for a bit of a drive so that he could get some sleep.  We popped to Waterloo Tea in Roath to pick up some cake (takeaway), but much like last time, the cake was very dry (and expensive!).  Needless to say, we won't be going back there.  

The rest of the day was spent relaxing at home, and trying to keep Squidge happy.  Once he was in bed we ordered a chinese.  I'm a vegetarian but for a long time I've been thinking about eating shellfish again, not normal fish, just shellfish, in fact, just prawn and crab.  After having a prawn curry recently and hating it (VERY fishy curry and the prawns were really overcooked) I thought I'd give it one last try, but king prawns.  I opted for king prawns in satay and veg and it was so yummy! I know what a veggie is called who eats fish, but what about one who only eats shellfish?

Squidge dressed smart with daddy
The two most important people in my life

Anyway, I had an amazing day, Chris did pretty much everything and without any grumbles (much appreciated!) especially as Squidge was so grouchy and unhappy.  It was such a lovely day, it felt like my birthday, I loved every moment and felt really special :)  Thank you Chris <3


2 comments:

  1. Aww! What a special day.....Sounds perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww sounds like such a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved