Monday 23 March 2015

Huge Sainsburys baby haul

There's quite a few things I've been needing to get for Squidge - mostly things that aren't in this haul - like lots of proper clothes - but I have vouchers earmarked for most of that, I just need to find time to get into town and buy the stuff - but I can't take long as he's pretty much grown out of his current size clothes and really needs next size up stuff.  

Ok, he didn't 'need' all of this, but you know, it's fun to buy stuff for him :P  Here's what I bought:

'Guess how much I love you' bibs - this set of 3 were £5, and some next size up socks - I thought these were really cute - some have planes on and some have helicopters on :)
Sainsburys bibs and socks

Funny story with these tops - they were originally priced at £2.50 each but were previously on offer for 2 for £4.  However, they were in a reduced section saying 50% off - so surely 2 for £2? Well we had a bit of a 'discussion' with the man on the till as he was charging us £1.25 each, we argued the point, he called a supervisor over and we got it for 2 for £2 - bargain :)
Sainsburys baby tops
I really couldn't resist this outfit - dungarees and a cute nautical vest, perfect for warmer weather as the dungarees are shorts - I can't wait to see him in these! This outfit was £10.
Sainsburys Dungarees

As we're weaning him and have been for 6+ weeks, he's now on the next stage of weaning, so little puffs like this, finger food and mash (lumpy).  I'm loving giving him different foods to explore and see his little fact when he has it :)  I wouldn't normally buy things like this, but I just wanted to see how he'd get on with them. 
Kiddy puffs
Every morning with his bottle he now has a small bowl of porridge.  He was having the Cow & Gate Sunny Start plain porridge which he really likes, but I thought I'd try him on a flavour - so far so good!  The pouch of Pears & Baby rice from HiPP organic is one of his favs, so I've bought it to use when he's trying a vegetable that he doesn't like.  I've read that if you give them a flavour (like fruit) that they like after a vegetable they don't, they're more likely to like the veg they don't like, if you follow?  I think I said 'like' too much :P
Pouches and Porridge
In an effort to give him some soft food with chunks I thought I'd give these a go too.  Don't worry, he gets bits of fresh fruit and veg too - just today he's had celery, pineapple, blueberries and potato - all fresh :)
HiPP Organic food pots
I had to get this - it's so far is favourite savoury flavour - we found adding a little of this to mashed potato was a great success.  He didn't like potato as it was, but with this he really liked it.  Next time he'll have more mash and less of this, until he's on pure mash and loving it :)  I mean, I'm half Irish, he HAS to love potato - especially with the amount of it I ate when I was pregnant!
HiPP Organic food jar
On days when he's really fussy, I'm finding that I don't have time to wash up between feeds as he's with me almost constantly.  I only had 3 feeding spoons for him, so I picked up this pack too.  I actually prefer them to the Tommee Tippee ones I have, even though the TT ones are great as they change colour if the food is too hot.  I also picked up the Nuby teether ring, he loves this - it's either in his mouth, or he's busy throwing it on the floor!  Also on a recommendation I picked up a Nuby Nibbler - you put big chunks of fruit in it and they nosh it up through the mesh, so there's no risk of choking.  The fruit he has in it is fresh from the fridge, so nice and cold on his sore gums too.
Nuby haul

Ready for him turning 6 months, I picked up the next level teets for his Tommee Tippee bottles.  He's not ready for these yet, but I wanted to have them ready to try for when the time is right. 
Tommee Tippee teats

The other thing I've needed to update are his dummies.  The ones he's currently using are 0-6 months, I believe these ones are a bit bigger, making them less of a choking hazard.  I wasn't going to buy 4 packs, but they were on offer - instead of £5 a pack, they were 2 packs for £6 which is great - so I shopped the offer.  3-4 of them will stay up in his nursery (he throws them out of the cot in the night, so we need plenty of backups) - another 1-2 will be kept in his change bag, and the other couple will stay in the lounge :)
avent dummies

So there you have it, a very big Sainsbury's haul and I still have loads of stuff to buy.  I need another few sleepsuits, more trousers, more tops, more socks and a new coat! I have vouchers for M&S and John Lewis which is where I'll be buying everything from, so keep your eyes peeled for a big baby clothing haul then! I also bought 3/4 pairs of trousers for him from M&Co this week, I'll add them to his next-size-up haul :)

8 comments:

  1. You picked up some great things. I will bear in mind about the tip of giving fruit after a vegetable they don't like. Not heard of that before. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Sainsburys for my girls clothing needs and they are well priced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah they're decent - my only complaint is that my local Sainsburys only stocks a small amount of baby boy clothes, like, less than half an isle, but they stock an isle and a half of baby girl clothes - so not as much choice for boys, from that specific store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks :) Yeah it's a good tip if they're trying something they don't like :) Another good tip (something I discovered yesterday) is to mix vegetables. For example, Squidge hates potato and hates carrot - but likes chicken. So I mashed some potato and some carrot, put a little finely diced chicken it it, smushed it all together with a little of his milk and he LOVES it :D They like lots of flavour, so I think the potato by itself (and carrot) was too bland for him :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab haul I love bibs but have far too many for Blake to consider buying them. I love the dungerees they look so cute I need some like this for Blake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks - the bibs are cute aren't they! Not very thick though, they're pretty thin feeling - yeah Squidge has LOADS... thing is a lot were given to us and they're more for toddlers so too big. Yeah they're super cute, can't wait to see him in them :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bibs are gorgeous, would be lovely for my godson :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're really lovely aren't they :) Yes, they'd make a lovely present :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved