Friday 6 March 2015

Afternoon tea at Hamptons in Penarth

Last weekend it was my sister-in-laws birthday and to celebrate the occasion, she invited some of her female friends and family to come and have afternoon tea at a place called Hamptons in Penarth.  It's a cute gift shop/cafe selling treats from brands like Heathcote & Ivory as well as pieces like makeup bags and scarfs etc.

To start off, we had to dress the little man in his waistcoat and bow-tie given it was such a special occasion, he doesn't get many opportunities to dress quite so dapper.

Squidge dressed smart at Hamptons
The table was really pretty and laid out with fresh colourful flowers, this was a lovely touch as so many places either use plastic flowers, or just 1 small stem, it was nice to see a little arrangement.

Flowers on our table at Hamptons penarth
This was the biggest surprise, we EACH had our own cake stand! How fab is that! They're really nice looking iron ones too, very modern and just over the width of one small-ish plate.

Afternoon tea stands at Hamptons
They were also able to accommodate vegetarians, which was great! We had 3 different sandwiches, from memory, one was egg (very yummy), one was salady, and one was cheese with tomato chutney (lovely!).

Sandwiches at Hamptons
Next up the cake tier, this is where I was a little disappointed - we (us vegetarians) had a different selection to the meat-eaters, and I can't understand why.  The meat-eaters had a cherry bakewell slice and another thing (the sandwiched thing in the background) which looked really yummy.  Don't get me wrong, my brownie and muffin were lovely, I just wish I'd had what everyone else had.

Cakes at Hamptons
The top tier was a yummy scone, still slightly warm, with cream and jam - this was my favourite and super yummy.  The cream was perfect, not too firm, I could have eaten more of these :P

scones at Hamptons
They were also great with the tea, we had 2 pots of it, and pots of hot water, so needless to say, we didn't leave thirsty ;)

tea at the hamptons

Overall it was great and I'd definitely go back again, only this time, for the cake tier I'd ask to have the same as the meat-eaters ;)  All of this came to £11.95, making it one of the cheapest afternoon tea's I've had too - given the amount of tea we had too, I think it was really great value - everything was really tasty and service was good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved