Wednesday 1 October 2014

My last antenatal appointment

CTG

Yesterday was my last antenatal appointment, and oh boy was it a long one - the longest one yet. So, we left home at 10:30 ready for an 11am appointment.  Hubby dropped me off by reception so I could grab a Starbucks and we headed over to the clinic.  I've never seen it so full of kids - it seems every parent who already had kids had to bring them with them - the result? Me having a headache from so many loud screaming kids and a boiling hot waiting room - honestly, it was like a daycare centre...

Over an hour later and we're still sat there while the rest of the clinic are seen.  Then I get called to have my blood pressure taken, weighed and my wee dipped - which was positive for ketones once again, meaning I'm dehydrated.

About 20 mins later, I get called for a scan (which was a surprise).  They were just doing a doppler of the heart and checking AFI (fluid around the baby) - both of which was fine.  The nicest part was that it looked like Squidge was sucking his thumb, awwww :)

After another wait, about 15 mins (at a guess) a Dr called me in and it was time for my stretch & sweep.  By this time, I was pretty stressed about it - lots of people had taken great pleasure in telling me how painful these are (thanks for that) and I felt I was on the verge of tears.  Hubby stepped out of the room and the procedure got underway.  My cervix was still high and she could only just reach it, this doesn't bode well for induction :/

She then called up to the ward and booked me in to be induced on Friday (3rd October).  I need to call the ward in the morning to see when they want me to go in.  I think I have pretty realistic expectations, if it goes how I think it might (slowly) then we might have Squidge on Monday - but we'll see.

After that, they wanted me to have a trace (CTG) where they put a heart monitor on my belly and a contraction monitor.  I was on that for about half an hour, and his heartbeat was great - it's always lovely to hear it and hear he's ok :)

The sweep didn't seem to kick anything off - I haven't lost my plug yet and I've had no contractions, just regular tightenings (Braxton Hicks) which I've seen picked up when I was on trace.  The only thing is I'm more achy than I was :)

All in all I'm pretty nervous for Friday/the weekend - I just want it to be a memory and to have Squidge in my arms :)  Oh and just in case you're wondering, I won't be announcing his name on here, I want to keep that private, so he'll always be Squidge on here :)


Georgina <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved