Saturday 6 June 2015

8 Month baby update

8 month update

Happy toast times

I honestly cannot believe as I'm writing this, that Squidge is 8 months old... 8 months! Where has the time gone? What's more, I'm now on a countdown for going back to work, I've got just over 5 weeks to go, and over the next few weeks we're super busy, meaning it'll fly by faster than ever.  Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful that I've been able to have this time with Squidge, and that I have a job to go back to (and part-time) at all - but I just want to spend every waking day with him - as I'm sure most mummy's do.

CLOTHING
Squidge in his fancy clothes
He's still in 6-9 months clothes, but some of them are getting a bit small for him, like his sleep suits (legs and feet are too short/small) and some of his tops barely go over his head.  In the picture above, the trousers are 6-9 and still fit really nicely and the shirt is 9-12 (we didn't have a smart shirt for 6-9 and I had this waiting for his next size, so we put him in this - we were going for a nice Sunday lunch and to a 3rd birthday party). Just in case you're wondering, the shirt is from Next, and the trousers and socks are from John Lewis.

TEETHING
Toast grin
Still no teeth but an awful lot of teething! He has developed two tooth-shaped bumps on the front of his gums (top and bottom sets) and they're getting closer to the top, so I think any day now we'll see them make an appearance.  We've certainly had our fill of excessive drooling, fist chewing and general grouchiness. 

SLEEP
The little man sleeping off a big day
What a mixed bag it's been.  Generally he's sleeping much better - he typically sleeps from about 7ish until about 5am, he wakes for his dummy and then is ready to get up around 7/8am.  However, since he started going through his latest leap (about a week ago it started) it's turning into a nightmare to get him to sleep - his bedtime is 6, but we're lucky if he'll fall asleep by 8pm - those two hours are filled with him screaming his head off... nightmare.  His day naps are different too - his first nap which is around 9am often lasts for 1 - 1.5 hrs now, but then where he used to nap at about 11am/12pm he's pretty much dropped that.  He'll have his lunch at 1pm and then go down for a good nap, and maybe if I'm lucky, he'll have a third nap around 4pm after his next feed.

FEEDING & WEANING
Feeding time!
Weaning is going great! We're definitely not going down the BLW route.  I am feeding him more pouches than homemade food at the moment, which I'm not overly comfortable with - and it's so much more expensive this way... but I honestly don't know where anyone finds the time to cook the food... just recently he's gone nuts if I've left him to go into the kitchen (the rooms are tiny and joined so I can see him at all times) so it's really hard to find the time, and pouches are just so easy.  I really should make more of an effort and plan better, he does love my homemade food.

PROGRESS MILESTONES
On the move
So the last couple of days have heralded some big progress!  He's been commando crawling for quite a while but in the last week he's really gotten good at it! He'll see something and be able to navigate the room to be able to get it.  On Thursday morning the hubby was up with Squidge and saw him crawl! He said he moved about 2 steps forward using both hands and knees at the same time (I haven't seen it myself yet though).  He's also gone from sitting, to kneeling, to standing!  He's sitting up really well too, only falling over if he wants to lie down or get onto his tummy.

OTHER BITS
* Still no mama or dada - but lots and lots of babababababababa :)
* We've had a big proper giggling fit from him, he was pretty much in an infectious laughter fit
* I think we're ready to sell his Jumperoo - he barely goes in it now and when he does it's not for long
* I've taught him to high-five and wave - early days, but he holds his hand out :)
* He cries when we leave the room
* He throws proper tantrums when we stop him rolling over when we're changing his nappy - he does an explosive scream and slams his legs and feet down as hard as he can

1 comment:

  1. I'm babyled weaning. P3 has a small portion of anything and everything we have. From peanut butter sandwiches to curry. I don't bother with cooking separate things.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved