Friday 5 June 2015

Change table essentials & tour

Squidge's change table
Over the last few months since Squidge was born, we've managed to get our nappy change routine down to a T.  We've worked out what products we need, and which we don't.  With that in mind I thought I'd give you a little tour of his change area and go through what we use the most :)

At the end of the table are the products we use the most, Hydromol for his dry skin/eczema (which is ok at the moment), some anti-bac for mummy and daddy to use after changing him (especially after a poop!), some Sudocrem for those sore/red bum cheeks, and some baby wipes - currently we're using up our stash of 'Huggies Pure' - having a look at the ingredients, they're pretty far from pure, so we'll be switching to Water Wipes when these run out.  The change table we have was from Mothercare, they've since discontinued it but if I recall it was about £170 - I wanted one that was a proper table with drawers and 4 closed sides.

Change table essentials

In the top drawer of the change table we keep his nappies, and stock of wipes (we're currently using Pampers Active Fit size 3+ nappies - when we've run out of these, he'll be going onto size 4), and his baby oil, spare Calpol and a couple other bits and bobs we're not really using at the moment.  This is the most used drawer :)

Contents of the top drawer of the change table

Middle drawer is where we keep our muslin cloths (clean ones), all the little samples you get when you're pregnant and a new mummy and our spare nappy bags (the Aldi Mamia ones are our fav, they smell amazing!).

Contents of the second drawer in the change table

Then the bottom drawer, this is where we keep the refills for his Tommee Tippee Sangenic nappy bin (a must have!) - if only these were scented!  We've also put his cot mobile in here as we don't have it up above his cot any more.

Contents of the third drawer in the change table

I like to have it so that everything I need is right in front of me so that I don't have to leave him, especially as he is constantly trying to roll over when he's on the mat now (but I don't let him).  If I'm changing his clothes too - I put him or leave him in the cot while I pick out his clothes, I know he's safe then, and I place them by the change table, again, that way I don't have to step away from him.

Gosh, it was all so much easier when he was tiny, now he throws a tantrum almost every time we change his nappy, slamming his little legs and feet down several times in anger and screaming his little head off!

2 comments:

  1. Hannah Latoya Bond5 June 2015 at 15:38

    This is a great way to store all the essentials and it looks nice and organized too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done - looks like you're doing a great job at being a Mummy :) He's adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved