Saturday 28 February 2015

What will he be?

Happy Squidge

So often I find myself pondering what our little one will grow up to be.  What will he be interested in as he grows and develops and I don't necessarily mean will he like rugby or football (don't worry, it'll be rugby!), but I guess more scholarly stuff like will he like science? will he be arty and creative like me? will he be super clever like his daddy?

The best I can hope for is that whatever he likes and whatever he becomes, is that he's happy.  I think if he's happy in life then I've done a good job as his mummy.  Yeah there's some occupations I wouldn't want him to have (not that I'd stop him) as it'd worry me, like joining the army, but as long as he's happy in what he does and follows his heart, I'll be a proud mummy.

It's amazing just looking at him as a little baby on his play mat, and thinking about how fairly soon he's going to be a little boy progressing his journey in life, speaking, feeding himself and growing up. I feel a strange mix of sad and excited - sad that he's growing up because I love him being a baby, but also excited to see him grow up and learn what his likes and dislikes will be :)

Being a mummy is such a magical journey, often the hubby and I talk saying that we can't believe we waited so long to experience this.  My brother used to nag us to have kids all the time, telling me how amazing it was.  I do wish we'd listened as maybe Squidge would have been able to meet his crazy uncle then before it was too late.

I'm going a bit off topic now, but thinking about what he might become really excites me.  Are there any occupations you wouldn't want your child to do when they grow up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved