Saturday 7 February 2015

Pink Lining Yummy Mummy change bag

Yummy Mummy Pink Lining bag - Pansy

Pouch on the front of the bag with a cupcake

Detail on the outside pouch with a leather bow

Inside of the bag - full

Change mat

Plastic wallet
Inside of the bag

Back when I was pregnant, and not 'that' far gone, maybe around 20 weeks, I decided it was time to buy a change bag - on the pregnancy forum I frequented, they were all raving about the Pink Lining bags and had shared some via the Baby Lurve website who were stocking them.

After looking through, I realised I just couldn't bring myself to part with £79, so I checked their sale offers, and what do you know, this little beauty was there for £50 (a saving of £29) - that was more like it!

I've been using it for over 4 months now, which is a fair road test so thought I'd share my thoughts with you on it.

There's 5 decent sized pouches inside - 2 large ones, and 3 smaller ones, then the large space in the middle, which houses a pink lining change mat that matches the bag, and a plastic zip wallet to pit 'dirty' things in like soiled clothes etc.  There's also 2 pouches at either end of the bag on the outside, and one on the front with a cupcake on it (perfect for a mobile phone etc!).

I tend to use the outside pouches for bottles and a spare muslin, and the inside houses Squidge's red book, spare nappies, nappy bags, wipes, sudocrem, anti-bac hand sanitiser and hand cream.  There's room (when you need it) to fit a change of clothes (babygrow, vest etc), a couple bibs and muslins. So room to fit quite a bit.

There's also 3 straps on the bag - 2 that form a handle and clip together, and one that goes over the shoulder and across the body, that's extendible.  I would have liked to been able to extend it further so it's a little longer, but it's not a big deal.

The change mat is really good and has seen a lot of use! It folds into 3 to be neatly stored in the bag, and at 4 months old, Squidge still fits well on it - lets be honest, as long as his bum, thighs and lower back on it that's the most important part :)  I really like that the outside of the bag is wipe-able too, great for accidents like spilled milk, sick or just getting wet in the rain.

The only thing that I think would make this bag better would be if it was a little bigger as it can be hard to fit everything in there and a toy.  

Overall a great bag, and at £50 I think it's good value for money.



Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

6 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing up these change bags but just can't justify the spend. I found a really lovely one at mothercare for about £20 which my partner treated me too. Though I have a feeling like this one it may need to be bigger. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they're not cheap - it was one of the first baby things I bought :) Oh what a bargain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have one of these too and they're gorgeous! Great review too!
    I have reviewed several nappy bags on my blog if you want to check them out. I adore baby bags and love that so many designs are now lovely enough to use post baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Pink Lining bags! I have a Blooming Gorgeous bag but it's quite big. I had it for 9 months and now my daughter is 12 months, I wish I had the Yummy Mummy one instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this bag, so pretty. My sister is buying me my changing bag and I have told her just to get a surprise for me as I trust her judgement. Quite excited to see what I end up with!

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my yummy mummy bag! It's seen some serious use over the past 2 years and it still in fab condition! Brilliant products and I'd definitely get another one next time doing!! #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved