Friday 16 May 2014

Project nursery #1

nursery inspiration

At the weekend I was back home in Pembrokeshire visiting my Step Dad.  When I was there I was helping to sort through some of mums old stuff and go through some old boxes, and I found some of my old sketch pads.

To give you a bit of background, I've always drawn, and I'm pretty good at it.  I used to do pet-portrait commissions, I studied art at college and went on to do Graphic Design at uni.  Drawing and painting is something that if you cut right through me, would be there - it's who I am.  I haven't drawn in a while though as I've been lacking inspiration.

But after going through all my old sketch pads I had the 'urge' again.  So I thought I'd start up my first project for the nursery - I'm going to draw & paint some cartoon characters, some are ones I love, like Totoro from My neighbour totoro and Jiji (the cat) from Kiki's delivery service.  And others are ones that I think Squidge might like, i.e. Peppa pig.  Each will be a square, about 10"x 10" - they'll be framed and arranged on the wall in the room :)

I had toyed around with the idea of painting a big mural on the wall, but I prefer this idea, it's a bit neater & I can change it up more easily.  What I might even do, is a big totoro on a tall narrow frame, and then lots of smaller square ones to go around him (I'm a little bit obsessed with Totoro - in fact, I have one sitting behind my laptop) :)

As I create each picture, I'll do a blog post so you can see it, and eventually when the nursery is done (months away!) I'll do a little nursery tour so you can see them on the walls :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely, i adore drawing, look farward too seeing the finished nursery xxx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved