Wednesday 18 February 2015

An afternoon with Brecon Carreg

Brecon Carreg water
Beautiful Coffee at Waterloo tea
Squidge and I - I'm desperately trying to get him to sleep and eat - he wasn't doing either :P
Gorgeous food, mostly vegetarian too!
What I picked to eat
Craft area for the kiddys
One of the creations made by the little man of Side Street Style (thanks for the pics!)

A couple weekends ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to an afternoon with Brecon Carreg at Waterloo Tea in the Wyndham Arcade in the Cardiff city centre.

I think this really was aimed at parents with older children, as Squidge was far too young to take part in the activities, we did enjoy watching what the kiddy's made though, and it was nice to see some other babies there too.

Unfortunately I missed a lot of the event as I had to hide away upstairs, walking up and down trying to get Squidge to sleep and avoid a screaming meltdown.

We were greeted by lovely people from Brecon Carreg, and all of the tables had little bottles of water on aimed at children - they're smaller than their normal bottles, so a bit more friendly for kiddies.

We drink quite a lot of water in our house, the hubby actually usually gets Brecon Carreg with his lunch :)  The theme of the day, as well as creating awareness of their range aimed at children, was to show ways to recycle old water bottles by creating characters/animals with them (like the one pictured above).  Some of the kids painted them green and made cute little frogs.  They were easy to make, you just needed to cut the bottle in half, putting the two halves together.  Paint the outside in your chosen colour - glue on the googly eyes, and the shapes for ears/mouth :)

The food and drink was lovely, I'll definitely be bringing the hubby back there, and next time I go to a parent blogger event, I'll be bringing him then too - it was hard to get involved and take pics etc when my little man wouldn't/couldn't sleep - would have been much easier with another pair of hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved