Monday 27 April 2015

14 Home truths about motherhood

14 home truths about motherhood

1. Your home will always be untidy, and one day, you'll just accept this is the new norm
2. The baby will pretty much take over the entire house
3. Your clothes will perpetually be covered in baby food/sick/poop/wee/snot
4. You'll get baby poop under your nails #truestory
5. You'll be sneezed over almost every day, often baby will do this with a mouth full of food
6. Your baby will love wiping their face on you - preferably your shoulder
7. You'll be forever in debt to your baby, on that one occasion they let you have a cuppa & lunch while happily playing
8. You know that baby brain you had when pregnant? It doesn't go away
9. Do you have pets? While they might have been #1 in your house, you'll be lucky if they're #8 after a baby
10. Wearing makeup will be a luxury, and sods law will be as soon as you put foundation on, they'll become obsessed with touching your face
11. Evenings out? haha I didn't know I was a comedian either
12. You'll learn that being tired is just how you roll now
13. As much as you don't want them to grow up, you'll secretly count down the days until you can sell on the Jumperoo/Play Mat/Swing etc to reclaim a tiny bit of your lounge back (only to make way for thousands of toys!)
14. If you ever decide to take a nap when your baby is napping, you can bet that'll be the time the postman knocks the door, not with a package for you, but for your neighbour #truestory

I could go on with so many more, maybe I'll save them for another post ;)

6 comments:

  1. hahaha! So true! I'd totally wiped the thought of baby poop under my nails until now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO horrid isn't it! It happened to me twice 3 weeks ago, made me properly shudder :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true :)) It gets a bit easier when they're older but our world is still very much children centred :) And evenings out are a luxurious treat couple of times a year :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be fair I don't really miss evenings out, I just miss going out for meals - we would take him with us but his bed time is like, 6pm/6:30pm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes all of these haha, and the day the jumperoo left my house for pastures greener was s happy day indeed.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly can't wait Rosy! He loves it at the moment, which is great, but he'll be growing out of it soon I think!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved