Monday 9 March 2015

A Mothercare haul

Just recently I'm starting to see that some of Squidge's clothes are starting to get a little small for him - my favourite top of his, the rugby top from Zara doesn't really fit over his head anymore :( The arms are still a bit too long and the length is great, but it was challenging to say the least when I put him in it last - I think their clothes are a little on the small side as some of his other 3-6 months clothes still have plenty of wear in them.  That aside, I'm starting to collect clothes for his next size up so they're ready - here's a look at what we bought (all of this came to £50).  They're all 6-9 months in size, and for the most part other than his sleepsuits, they're all short sleeved as he'll be wearing them as the weather warms up :)

Soft booties - he has the blue version of these and I thought I'd bought the next size up, but these are the same size as the ones he already has, so I need to send them back. (Update: I took these back in store yesterday, and not only did they have the right size, they were in blue as I initially wanted, and on sale) :)
Mothercare booties

I couldn't resist these! Both his Dad and I are geeks so I just had to buy these :)
Mothercare cartoon vests

I need to buy more sleepsuits, but these I thought were great, they're rainforest themed and very cute!
Mothercare rainforest sleepsuits

Again, being geeks we just HAD to ge this! I can't wait to see him in this :)
Mothercare star wars vest

We're also cat lovers, so this was a big yes as soon as I saw it :)
Mothercare pirate cat t-shirt

Some plain t-shirts (I figured if it's cold he can wear a long sleeved vest underneath).
Mothercare t-shirts
There's a bit of a long story to this one, but basically, my brother, who passed away last year, was an abstract artist (you can see his work here) and one of his paintings was from a photo he'd taken when he was in Seattle, and it was of an eccentrically dressed preacher with a yellow cab behind him, Jools (my brother) abstracted it and created what is my favourite painting of his - and this t-shirt really reminds me of that piece of art, and my brother :)
Mothercare taxi t-shirt

I've also got £60 in M&S vouchers to spend, and shortly I'll have £100 to spend on clothes for him too - most of it will go on next size stuff (so 6-9 months) but some of it I'll spend on the next size up from that too ready for the summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved